Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Height

...of kajologan. Haha. Remember the locally-published book series I was so hooked into last Christmas holiday? Well, it's already a movie and will be shown in theaters on April 2 and I'm watching.

{image source}
I feel so jeje. Haha. Seriously, I just made my Dorota (code name for my "assistant" since feeling ko ako si Blair, yes, emoterang frog ako) read it and she liked it. Kalurks!

Anyway... inasmuch as I wanted Star Cinema to make this movie, I think okay na ako with Viva Films and am relieved that, at least, the rights didn't go to GMA Films. Although initially I thought it was a GMA production dahil medyo sinetch itech ang lead actress. In other words, hindi kilala. Pero in fernez, may dating naman si lead actress and although some were saying she's just a Kathryn Bernardo look-alike, I'd have to say I like her better. Maybe I'm being biased since I never really liked Kathryn but I watched the movie trailer and Nadine Lustre (the lead actress) acts better than her and is less conscious in front of the camera. Of course the fantards would disagree.

The characters. I think I like the casting. They all fit into the characters in the book. Well maybe when I saw the trailer first I thought mas bagay si James Reid as Chad and Andre Paras as Cross, but after seeing a few more trailers and snippets, I am okay with the casting already. Only one thing- I wish they didn't stick to the half-British characterization of Lory dahil baka hindi mapanindigan ang British accent. It might sound too contrived ba.


Ang OA ng pimples, diba??? Parang ketong naman yun eh. May pattern pa! Anuberrr. But seriously, she's a better actress than KB.


And mas cute, imho. Wait lang, I wanna look for a Kathryn Bernardo clip on YouTube to better illustrate how conscious she is and that her supposed look-alike is better and more natural at acting. I can't find any. Sorry.

I'm excited pero secret lang natin ha, haha! I'm treating Dorota to the movies- we're watching Diary ng Panget on April 2. Ang pangit ng spelling ng 'Panget." Shet.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails