Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Current Obsession: The Walking Dead

I think I have ADD. Just last week I was obsessing over Beauty & the Beast but this week I am gushing over and truly obsessing over The Walking Dead. The difference with BATB, I have been watching TWD since it first came out, with the exception of the second season wherein I didn't watch until the third season was starting and Fox has this TWD marathon. I guess the first season sort of bored me and I wasn't all that excited for the second one. I blame the disinterest in the lack of a romantic angle. Ha ha. Sorry naman at zombie apocalypse na nga at love story pa rin ang inaatupag ko. So anyway, ever since TWD's third season, I have been hooked but I wait for it on cable, unlike with all the other series I watch which I download. I guess the additional characters were more likable? And of course, here's my favorite character

{source}
Daryl Dixon! Of course I watch the series for all the zombie action but I swear this guy is one of the reasons why I watch it religiously. I love love love his character. He's just quiet, he's small on talk but big on action. And he's not power-hungry, you know. I mean, if he is (like The Governor), he could easily overtake Rick and assume leadership and we know he can but he doesn't which makes him swoon-worthy all the more. 

Anyway, forgive me for thinking that Daryl and Beth might be happening. Haha. See, I told you I am dying for a romantic angle to this series. I know there was Rick-Rick's bestfriend- Lori love triangle but I hated that because I am a moralist prude and hate home-wreckers. There also was Glenn and Maggi but I don't know, hindi ako masyado kinilig sa kanila. Maybe I like Daryl + Beth because they are an unlikely pair, don't you think? 

{source}
So I've been reading some blogs and articles about TWD (because I am that obsessed with this series right now) and looks like Daryl and Beth aren't happening in a romantic kind of way- what they have, supposedly, is a stronger platonic relationship. 


But I can settle with that. It's just that they have chemistry, y'all. And I thought I was the only one who gets kilig over them. Apparently, not. See, hindi naman ako malisyosa. Marami rin namang na-feel ang romantic potential nila. But this isn't over yet and I am super duper excited for the last two episodes, although I am very disappointed with Daryl and Beth's cut-short bonding session. I am heavily emotionally-invested on this series and I realized that on that episode when Hershel was killed. I was crying. Bawling, actually. I am saddened by the diminishing sense of humanity. That's the same reason why I stopped watching Game of Thrones after the first season. I still watch TWD because it gives me hope that there are still some good people left and I'd take them no matter how self-righteous and preachy they are (diba, Rick Grimes?) over the mean ones.

Beth and Daryl got separated last night. Initially I thought Beth got scared and left Daryl alone. But then I realized they got to the house by foot, meaning where the hell did the car come from. Just found out from TWD articles that Beth was abducted. Seriously, I can't fathom the fact that in times of distress such as an zombie apocalypse, there still are people who will take advantage of the situation, take advantage of other people. I mean, can't we just get all along and have a united front against the real enemy- the zombies.

TRUE DAT.
Whatever. I can't wait for the last two episodes. Please not too bitin. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails