Saturday, November 9, 2013

2013 Book Challenge 46/35: Something Like Normal

Another book I finished in record time but not because I REALLY liked it but because I think it only has 200+ pages. Haha. Seriously, this book reminded me of this Catfish episode I saw where the guy was suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. So... anyway, Travis comes home from Afghanistan where he also lost his best friend. So mega PTSD and guilt-tripping on his best friend's death si Travis. He longs for something normal again and being home does not give any semblance of normality. He meets Harper, this girl he had wronged way back in middle school, and he's attracted to her but she turns him down with a snarky remark. So we thought our boy Travis is going to have a hard time wooing our mysterious girl, but no, she's actually very easy to persuade. Of course, I am for giving second chances but not that easily when this boy is the exact same reason she got the slut reputation. Well technically, it wasn't Travis' fault but when he garnished the story of what really happened inside the closet, he's also culpable.

I do not blame Harper for forgiving Travis so easily- I guess she was hypnotized by the 'abs.' Plus, she really like-likes him and if the universe is giving them this second chance at love, then why not take it? My point is that she should have made him work for it a little harder. She bumps into him thrice coincidentally and immediately all's forgiven?


Make. Him. Work. For. It. Seriously. She lived with the slut reputation for years and she let's him off the hook in a heartbeat. Am I being too self-important here? Haha. It's just that I believe if he really likes her, he won't be bogged down by obstacles. But then again our author here is working within a deadline- Travis has to be back in action in 30 days- so there better be development. Which makes me realize just now that everything happened in less than 30 days- sex included- and seriously...


Prude. Haha.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails