Saturday, October 26, 2013

2013 Book Challenge 42.5/35: This Is A Love Story

Does a re-read count in the total read books in a year?

Inspired by the last movie I watched, She's The One, I immediately started reading my favorite love story, Jessica Thompson's This Is A Love Story. First read the book February this year and finished it in record time- two days! I literally spent two (actually, more like one and a half) days reading it. I knew I wanted to reread it but not this soon; however, the movie made me want to 'relive' the frustration, ergo, the re-read.

So the all-encompassing emotion in this book is frustration. FRUSTRATION. I felt it the first time I read the book and I felt it again the second time. The frustration was never mitigated. I was actually telling myself (Ha. I really sound pathetic, don't I?) that if loving feels like that (ie. frustrating), then I think I am lucky enough to have enough felt it. If by living it vicariously by reading this book it already feels taxing, what more if you experience it first-hand? Parang I want to say, "No, thank you."

Am I the only person I know who likes frustrating storylines? If you are just like me and is into frustrating, secret crushes and time-traveling husbands, I highly recommend that you read this book ☺
"You know... loving someone that much and having, well, to pack it away into a little box and pretend it isn't there."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails