Thursday, May 24, 2012

idol nila. hindi idol niyo. gets?

Ang hirap sa mga Pinoy, walang natatalo. Kung hindi nanalo, siguradong dinaya.

Of course, I want Jessica Sanchez to win and if we're going to go with talent, there's no doubt she has it. But we have to remember that this is a contest where the viewers get to decide who wins and unfortunately for us, it is not us who get to make the decision. Even before the finale, I already had a nagging feeling that Phillip Phillips will win. I think it is called American Idol for a reason thus her Filipino-Mexican heritage may have actually worked against her favor. I'm just embarrassed by how most Filipinos reacted to Jessica's loss. Sore losers, we are.

Also, the demographics of the voters are teenage girls and young teenage girls find Phillip Phillips cute. Heck, I am no teenage girl and I do think he is cute. Nanaig lang ang sinasabing Pinoy Pride but if Phillips was against some other dude or girl, he definitely has my vote (which would be irrelevant since my vote wouldn't count).


Naman. I was watching the replay of the results night with my parents and sister. Ryan Seacrest had just announced the winner and when Jessica hugged Phillip, I told ate, "Ay, panalo na rin si Jessica kasi na-hug niya si Phillip." Natawa si Father Dear. Naisip niya siguro anak niya desperada. Haha.

Don't we do the same in text voting contests here? Either yung pogi o guapo o kung sino kailangan yung prize money. Diba? But really, even if Jessica is only runner-up to P(squared), she can consider herself a winner with a recording deal in the works with Tommy Mottola, no less.

The best performance in today's finale was Jennifer Holliday and Jessica Sanchez's performance of And I Am Telling You I Am Not Going for two things: 1) the vocal powerhouse and, 2) Holliday's very animated facial expressions


When I first saw Holliday on stage, I honestly thought she'll be doing a spoof... mukha kasing contestant sa Doble Cara. This is so mean of me (and a million others) but man, facial expression kung facial expression


Grabe naman din ang mga Pinoy, ang bilis talaga pagdating sa kalokohan

grabbed from Facebook
Mild pa yan. May halimaw sa banga comment pa. I know it's mean but it's so funny at the same time. 

And my second favorite performance


Because I like the song. At kinilig ako sa kanila. Wala lang, gusto ko lang. Walang basagan ng trip.

It was fun watching with ate. She called and asked me to watch the season finale with her. She didn't go to work cos she wasn't feeling well. I had planned to watch alone in my room para naka-concentrate, but it was more fun watching and okray-ing with someone. LOL. 

"Ayoko si Deandre. Naiinis ako sa buhok niya. Feel na feel niya akala niya maganda."- me on Deandre's mala-shampoo commercial hair flips while performing on stage

"Naks, and confident! Pero in fernez, maliit waist niya."
"Parang naka Iron Man suit lang ah."
"Ang laki ng pwet grabe, parang si Bituin Escalante, pwedeng patungan ng baso."
- on Chaka Khan's armor suit

"Ang laki ng hita ni Rihanna!"
"Pero ang haba ng legs"
"Ang taas naman kasi ng panty niya, no"
"Bakit pag mataas panty mo, mahaba legs mo?"
- on Rihanna's hita, panty and legs

"Uy long hair na si Fantasia, kung hindi siya inintroduce hindi ko siya makikilala... uy, naka-Iron Man suit din siya."
- on Fantasia Barrino's onesie

"Ay akala ko bakla."
- on Jennifer Holliday

"Ayoko yan, ang ingay"
"Ayaw din siya ni Dodoy, maingay nga daw."
"Pero favorite siya ng judges, eh."
"Basta, ayoko siya. Parang gusto kong sampalin- parang may sapi."
- on Joshua Ledet's singing style

I'm definitely watching them if they're coming here on tour. Nako, wag lang sa dates na nasa SG ako please!!! 

So again, to my fellow Jessica Sanchez fans, let us not be sore losers. In every contest, there is a winner and a loser. Para naman tayong mga pulitiko natin- walang talo, lahat dinaya. Actually, may theory ako- sa dami ng mga nandaya at nag-try mag-vote via Skype/Facebook/Magic Jack pero andito sa Pinas, the number of unqualified votes were subtracted from the qualified ones. Right-minus-wrong. Haha. Promise, feeling ko ganyan ginawa nila. But at the end of day,  America has decided and they want Phillip to be their Idol, okay? Pa-world-world idol pa kayo, American Idol nga sabi. Wag nang makulit. 

Jessica, winner ka pa rin kasi ang tagal ng hug mo kay Phillip ♥

source

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails