Saturday, May 11, 2013

ANG PAGBABALIK NG IBONG ADARNA

And just like that, ten days just flew by.

I have so much kwento dating since last, last Sunday so please forgive me if I'm being more incoherent than usual. As you all know, my three beloved readers, my sister's who is based in the States came home after three long years. Three years. Sure we do call her via magic jack at least once a week and we get to update each other with what's happening in our lives via Facebook, but still nothing beats face-to-face conversations and actual hugs (as opposed to the virtual ones).

AB arrived April 30th. Mommy, AC, the kids and I fetched her from the airport. It was, more or less, an hour's wait before we get to see her in the flesh once again. There were no over-the-top welcomes, there were no tears. Sorry naman kung medyo hindi kami showy with emotions and I know she knows that. When ate got into the van, the kids were already sleeping. Welcoming committee fail.

Here's a recap of what we did for ten whole days. I say "we"because I became her buntot during her stay. Wherever she goes, I go. Except for that one day when she got her international license and AD said we're going to enroll for Citisec.

As expected, most of the time was spent catching up with family and her friends. It was exhausting shuttling ourselves from one location to another. She must have wasted a lot of her precious time on the road in terrible traffic. Since time is of the essence, she should have imposed on her friends na lang the venue. Haha. But seriously, time is of the essence here. Eh di sana nakarami siya at hindi pa siya masyado pagod. What I don't get is why were some of her friends pa-importante? Cos if it were me, I would find a way. Oh well. Spilled milk already so no use fretting over.

For mommy's birthday, mommy & daddy's 41st wedding anniversary and AB's homecoming, AD organized a family outing. On May 2, we set out for Anvaya Cove in Bataan. We were supposed to leave at 5am but since we're a big family, we were rarely on time. Think of the Home Alone scenario on the morning of their flight. Yup. Pretty much like that. We left home at 7:30 am.

It was a three-hour travel going there. I love road trips cos I love love love looking at the scenery. Although I was asleep majority of the time during this trip. When we arrived, the kids jumped in the pool right away. Since I wasn't planning on going for a swim, I was the (un)official photographer. I'm sorry I can't share my family pictures here, but I have several nice pictures of stuff.

at the anvaya cove #nofilter
Or rather, #unphotoshopped. Haha. Lunch wasn't really that good. Just really expensive and not in a funny way. Buti na lang hindi ko toca :P

I finally decided to go for a swim because I think I should, to make the most of the entrance fee. Sayang naman. So with my fugly bathing suit and shorts that could pass off as board shorts but aren't really board shorts, I played shark with my nephews.

DO NOT ENLARGE. I repeat, DO NOT ENLARGE.
For someone with a nail spa, I have the fugliest feet ever. My feet and hands are my frustrations. I must have tried a bazillion exfoliating and/or whitening products for them and nothing has worked yet. But I have pretty little nails...
Day 1 sunset

At around 5 pm, we called it a day. We spent the night at the Mango Valley in Subic.


My nephews were super mega over kulit. Yes, they're very adorable BUT they're quite a handful. I always tell people that nephews are better because you can always return them to their parents when they get whiny, boisterous or bratty.

Our room was nothing fancy. We shared room with our parents, AC, AB and me. AC and I slept on the extra mattresses. It's clean, spacious and it has a big bathroom. Though it could have been better if the shower area was enclosed, like someone could still pee even if someone's in the shower.

We went to Harbor Point for dinner. It was at Café Balooga- ang aking restaurant. Haha. We had panizza, pasta and nachos. Yummy!


It was delicious but not very filling. When I woke up the next morning, I was already famished.

The next day was just for gallivanting around the mall while waiting for my nephews and sister who went to watch the dolphin at the Ocean Adventure.


As we already checked out of our hotel, we needed a place to hang out in while waiting for the kids. I still prefer Starbucks but AB suggested Tully's. I ordered their version of mocha frap and as expected, it didn't measure up to my favorite frappuccino. It was very sweet and that's coming from someone with a very, very sweet tooth.

We picked the kids up from Ocean Adventure around 5pm.

Too bad the kids were already groggy and lacked sleep; ergo, they didn't get to appreciate the show that much. It was almost night time and it was still a long way back home. Good thing I have the beautiful scenery to look at.

Day 2 sunset
The traffic was really bad and we got back late. My feet were killing me as I was cramped in that very small space, but I'm still lucky I'm not Nonoy who was driving the whole entire time.

For the weekend, AB did a little meet & greet again with some of her friends. Of course, mega buntot na naman ako ever. While AB did a little catching up with her friends, AC and I braved the Megamall riot sale.

Monday, AB renewed her driver's license and I got my student's license. Whoopdeedoo! I'm a step closer to learning how to drive. Anyway, after securing our licenses, we headed off to Greenhills for a little shopping. Lunch first at Le Ching then dessert at Milky Way. Ang ending, there was no shopping done because we spent most of the time eating. At dahil ang driver namin ay may pinapakain sa bahay at kailangan nang umuwi, we had to go home already.

AB got her international driving license on Tuesday. I was off the hook from waking up too early because AD said we were going to Citisec which didn't push through. But still I was grateful for the the extra hour of sleep. After lunch, we went to Kopi Roti for AB's kopi bun fix. This must have been the third time we've been there. Then Megamall after for a little clothes shopping again. Dinner and coffee with cousin. The third or fourth mocha frap I've consumed in a span of eight days.

Wednesday ay pagbibigay-pugay kay Auntie Madre. We were supposed to leave at 6 am but did at 7:30 so and ending, nakisabay sa mega rush hour traffic. We reached Dasmariñas, Cavite at 11 am. Lunch at Gerry's Grill at The District. Masarap naman pero nakakaawa yung grilled liempo nila. The sorry-looking liempo was P165. I could have had the same size of liempo for P99 at Chic Boy, may unlimited rice at soup pa! After lunch, we rushed to MOA to meet with Kuya B and family. MOA where Aerosmith would be having their concert that very same night. Aigoo.

reminds me of the SG Flyer
Merienda at Cafe Tokyo. I swear si AB ang galing galing talaga pumili ng kakainan. Cafe Tokyo's expensive and the Coffee jelly ice cream I ordered that's more expensive than a venti Mocha Frap wasn't satisfying. In fernez, she wanted Kopi Roti sana but her beloved coffee shop has closed their MOA branch already.

Again, traffic going home was horrendous. It took us two hours from MOA to Pasig.

Thursday was hectic, too, but that was because we started the day late. Lunch at Magoo's in Eastwood then had our haircut at Azta while AB had her hair rebonded and had her cellophane treatment. So there, I had a haircut which was very spiffy went I walked out of the salon, but I know the real story will always be the next day after one washes her hair and the magic of the blowout wears off. So anyway, while AB was having her hair tortured to beauty, AD and I had our nails done at I Do Nails. I enjoyed the experience- pleasant and relaxing. I chose a glittery polish from OPI and since it required thick layers, they had to used the nail dryer on my digits.

And it was excruciating in two ways- 1) it took so long dry out, and 2) it would sometimes get too hot already. But I don't want to waste all the effort the nail tech did on my nails so I endured the torture #OA walang basagan ng trip, eh sa gusto kong mag-hashtag. Ha.


It's so pretty, isn't it? :)

After 5 hours, we made our way to Greenbelt where she'll be meeting with friends. Pork chop dinner again and this was the second time I've had pork chop, ergo, a very happy tummy. AD went home ahead of us, leaving me with AB and friends. They transferred to Spicy Fingers where there's a live band cum stand-up comedy act. In fair, nakakatawa naman siya. The crowd just reminded me of that RJTV show at 2nd Avenue every Friday at 10pm. Matronix much?

And so we reach Friday, the day she goes back to the Big Apple. It is sad. Although there were times when I get annoyed at AB and I know there were times she'd get annoyed at me, too, it's still better when you live close to each other. I wonder when she'll be able to come home again. I hope it wouldn't take her three long years again. J would be six and JJ, 5. I also pray I'd be able to finally get my arse to apply for a visa. The family brought her to the airport. Traffic (na naman!) was horrendous. We left home at 6pm and arrived at the airport at 9. Qué horror talaga. Said our goodbyes, et voila~

And now I am alone in my room, without an excuse to turn on the AC. It's a little disorienting. For ten days, I was with my sisters and now I am all alone. Senti mode na naman ako. It's weird because during those ten days I wished for some alone time and now that I am alone, I wish I were with my sisters once again.

It was fun, though. I must have gained twenty pounds from all the eating we've done. Kailangan na talaga mag-Zumba niyan. Haha.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails