Friday, April 12, 2013

hard habit to break

I'm such an addict for my series. I swear I can spend hours just waiting for that green bar get to 100%. It's actually paralyzing. I mean, there are an awful lot of more productive things I could do than watching my DLs finish. But I love my series. So, ayan.

Speaking of my beloved series, I'm sad that most of them are nearing season-end with only a few episodes left to air and some have actually had their season finale. Good thing Awkward's third season is airing next week! Plus, I could use my US series lull time to catch up on my Korean dramas ;) So anyway, here's a little chuva about the series I follow~

The Carrie Diaries

Gossip Girl's replacement. In the US, TCD took over GG's Monday time slot. For me, it took over my Tuesday morning DL. Honestly, I haven't gotten to finishing GG's final season. It's too painful to watch: painful dahil sa plot na wala nang kwenta; and, painful because it's the end for one of the series I've grown emotionally attached to. Unconditional love nga diba? So anyway, The Carrie Diaries didn't register on me as GG's first season did. I find Carrie and friends annoying.
TCD is actually a Sex and the City spin-off. I never really followed SATC and have never seen a single episode of it, just the movies. I just didn't find it to my liking. I tend to gravitate towards cutesy stuff which I think TCD is cos it is, after all, Carrie circa high school years. Shockingly, in TCD we find out Carrie was some sort of a prude (but not for long). LOL.

One of the things I like about TCD is its kick-ass 80s soundtrack

and Sebastian Kydd. Gaaaahd, the boy is one helluva eye candy.
Fine, his lips may rival Donna Le Donna's but I can fall for that smirk. I like smirky guys LOL. I keep coming back for more of this series for my weekly dose of Sebastian. Me likey so so much ;)

And oh, Maggi reminds me so much of Blair Waldorf
Doesn't she remind you of the Queen Bee? She does, no? But she's not half as witty as Blair is was (RIP GG) and she's actually annoying.

I will definitely be back for the second season mainly because of my smirky boy Sebastian and I also hope for a more interesting storyline.

Hart of Dixie

So Zoe and Wade have broken up. Although I am originally a Zoe+George fan, Wade has grown on me and I eventually appreciated Zoe and him as a couple. Well, I always found their bantering cute. But Wade cheated on Zoe and I was super irked at him for doing so. Zoe gave him a chance to prove himself, but he chose to live to his reputation. Kainez Veneracion.

George may be with Tansy now but I believe that his feelings for Zoe are just tucked away somewhere in there, ready for later access. Tansy is actually nice and likable but I am really rooting for him and Zoe. I just hope he gets into shape soon because he has become kinda pudgy. Not that pudgy is bad because there are guys who are cute when pudgy (JLC!!) but pudgy doesn't agree with George.

Meanwhile, I also like this new Jonah character. I wish he'd make his presence felt more often in Bluebell because I think he's cute and Zoe needs a new boytoy. George is currently off the market, Wade just broke her heart and Lavon will always be only her BFF.

And oh, it's not only me who thinks Rachel Bilson as a heart surgeon is a little hard to believe. What does that say of her? Kawawa naman. Well, I do like her and am a fan. But in this series, I prefer Lemon's fashion sense more.





She always looks polished, so put together and I could only wish to look like that. Even after 36 hours (na walang ligo-ligo ni hilamos), even when her ponytail has come undone, she still manages to look neat. I always look madungis just a few minutes after stepping out of the shower. FML. Lemon's a little uptight which I think I can relate to. Haha.

There are still three to four episodes left until its season finale but I'm going to second-guess and say that I feel Lemon + Wade is going to happen. The bantering almost always lead to something. Plus, they're going to work closely together because of the Rammer Jammer, so yeah I do think they're happening soon.
Sabi ni AC, in the event that my fearless forecast comes true, ayaw na daw niya manuod kasi parang Melrose Place na naman daw. I guess she feels that way because she has always vied for the Wade + Zoe pairing, whereas I always fall victim to cute bantering of characters. Hate isn't the opposite of love, y'know ;)

I'm super excited for Awkward's new season! And it's going to be a full season with 22 episodes :) Huzzah! It's just going to be a little weird that Tamara and Jake are dating (which, I think, Jenna could hold over T's head because T once got mad at Jenna for kissing Ricky Schwartz and Jenna was drunk that time and totally had no control on what's she's doing).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails