Friday, March 8, 2013

2013 BOOK CHALLENGE 13/35: SMART MOUTH

My Lenten sacrifice for this year includes:

  • I won't drink Coke 
  • I will abstain from eating meat Wednesdays & Fridays
  • and no erotica-ish books, too (such as the Rock Chick series)
for 40 days. Just as I broke all of my New Year's resolution even before the first month of 2013 was done, I broke my Lenten sacrifice but I'll say with a much longer holding period. When I chose to read Smart Mouth, I didn't really think the book has lots of sexy time. I mistook it for a girly-girl, full-on chick-lit. Guess I was wrong...

It was okay. Many liked it but I am not one to rate a book based on the frequency of sexy times the characters had ;) I do not get blinded by those. Ha. I still look at the story as a whole and Smart Mouth was a little repetitive and predictable just like that 50 Shades trilogy and the Rock Chick series.

But I liked how it ended. This book really calls for a happy ending. Derek deserved his happy ending, y'all! Actually, good for Derek and Reese.

I forgot to have a theme this month. Initially, I was thinking of books with 'summer' in the title, but I don't think I want to read Jenny Han's Summer series in succession. So I tried the random number generator on the internet and I'll read that book with the assigned number. Saves me time from deciding which title to read. It could get a little overwhelming, y'know. So many books, so little time. Next books are Stargirl (by Jerry Spinelli. This book is way looong overdue) and Chicken Soup for the Soul Celebrates Sisters.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails