Tuesday, September 18, 2012

perfect weekend

Had a perfect weekend even though I was sick and suffering from a painful sore throat. 

AC scored complimentary tickets to Phantom of the Opera, parterre box pa =) We were about 30 minutes late (because we left the house at 2 and the play was at 3pm) but we were able to get into the flow of the story~ it is about the phantom of the opera. Duh. Haha.


My thoughts:
1. Our seats were perfect~ we had impeccable, unobstructed view of the stage.
2. It was surreal hearing All I Ask of You sung live. My uncle would bring home playbills of stage plays he saw in Broadway and I think that was sort of my introduction to Broadway plays. I remember singing the song, totally ignorant of the lyrics so I'd make up my own~ "say you love me and I'll say I love you..." Surreal.
3. I didn't understand their dialogues. I think I do understand the English language naman but you know how operatic singers sing, so their dialogues were unclear to me. And when two or more characters speak simultaneously, I stop listening and trying to make sense of what they're saying. I just watch what's going on in the stage.
4. Remember that Anne Curtis and Ai Ai movie where Eugene Domingo plays Anne's yaya? Every time I hear the name "Christine," I am reminded of her, fake Aussie accent and all. Haha.
5. Masyadong mabagal ang pag-drop ng chandelier. 
After the play, scampered off to Megamall to meet with HS friends- A and Z. The last time I saw Z was six years ago. She was one of my closest friends and also my bus mate, so we were together almost all the time. But due to schedule constraints (and maybe lack of communication na din), we got to meet again only last Saturday, after a bazillion years.

It was fun catching up with friends and still feeling comfortable in their company even after years of minimal communication. It's as if we spent no time apart. We just picked up where we left off six years ago. Chikahan over pizza margherita, pasta and fried mozzarella. Continuation of chikahan at Gong Cha. We parted ways before 11pm- another SOA (signs of aging), a recurring term for the night as we were joking about how old we are now.

Sunday Lunch Out without the V and the kids. We didn't have anything planned out for the day. AC just suggested an eat-all-you-can at either Tong Yang or Yakimix. Haven't tried both so I'm game for any of the two. Originally, we were supposed to do Tong Yang Megamall but parking was horrible so we decided to go all the way to the one in Centris in Quezon Ave.

Once seated, we didn't waste any time. Attack! Haha. I've tried the shabu shabu thing before, but the grill thing not yet so I was a little excited about the grill. In fernez, it was okay. Nothing spectacular. I'm never good with experimenting with my food so I guess shabu shabu style isn't really for me. Plus, I do not get my money's worth with eat-all-you-can's. Hindi lang masyado obvious pero mahina ako kumain. My favorite from last Sunday's buffet was their mango juice.

So back to "healthy" eating this week. I will stop from the herbal medication for the meantime because our SG trip is just a week away and will be indulging myself during the trip. Walang bawal bawal. Wee!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails