Saturday, August 18, 2012

update on my current reads, et. al.

I have a newfound love for books and I have the YA and chick lit genre to thank for it. Actually, more of the YA genre. If before it was more of an imposed thing I have for myself because, now it's more of a WANT. But gaahd, the prices of these books nowadays! If I were to buy every book I want to read, I'd go broke. [okay, commercial lang 'to but I hear Downton Abbey's opening music. wee ☺] 

Conversations with God
I've been reading this for, like, ever now. Actually, I did attempt to read this 12 years ago. I even found a circular with a reply slip from high school. It has been that long already. I really want to read this but YA books are stealing the spotlight from this rather interesting read, too. 






Anna and the French Kiss
A lot of blogs on YA books highly recommend this. I have high expectations for this but then again I am constantly reminding myself to keep it low. We don't want to spoil its goodness with unrealistic, high expectations. Though I haven't gone very far with this one also because it is in frickin' Spanish. Albeit difficult, I will finish this book. Doing so will be hitting two birds with one stone- finishing another book and putting my Spanish speaking chops into practice.




Pride and Prejudice
I wanted to know for myself, first-hand, what's the fuss over Mr. Darcy; why women are swooning over him. I think watching the movie (the one with Kiera Knightley) first before reading the novel is a good idea, because then I can put faces into the names without imagining too much. Ha. Plus, it's like you already have a framework of the storyline and the book just fills in the details. 

I'm already in Chapter 10 and so far I think I know why Mr. Darcy's swoon-worthy ;)


So there my three books which are taking forever for me to finish reading. I'm only 7 books away from my [measly] 24 books per year goal! Hopefully, I could reach my goal even if bazaar season is near and I'd be very busy by then. 

Et. Al. 
Dinner at Kare Kare House before daddy leaves for the province tomorrow morning. I loooove food. I swear. Cutting my food intake is too much torture! Plus, this twister fries and McFloat promo in McDo isn't helping at all. I hate it that I am always hungry :/

In other news, I bought new nail polish- those with magnetic chuva effect :)


Nice, no? I'm not really fond of getting manicures. That is weird for someone who has a nail spa for a business. Well, I love making lotions and other stuff that are used in nail spas so I guess we could say that I like what I do. But man, I hope I really could make big moolah from my fragrances. Peg ko si Joel Cruz eh. Charot. Pero in fairness money machine ko naman ito, it makes money with or without me. Yun lang, it's not much. 

Good vibes, I attract you. 

Bawal kontra bulate.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails