Sunday, August 5, 2012

RT 2012: downton abbey

I must admit that the first two episodes bored me. Thank goodness I stuck through it because the following episodes were just lovely, especially Matthew Crawley ♥


Of course at first I cringed at the fact that Mary and Matthew are first cousins (and I mean that in a non-Karen Smith definition) because in present time, that is actually incest. Even if the law says we can marry our second cousins, it still feels incest to me, so what more your first cousin!!! So anyway after I got over that and accepted that to them it is acceptable, it's all swoon from then on. Matthew is Downton's version of Mr. Darcy. He's so proper and nice and dapper.

Aside from Matthew Crawley, here are the other things I loved about Downton Abbey:
  1. The dresses. They're pretty, lacey and frilly although one should be thin to pull them off. 
  2. Mary Crawley. Although I initially didn't like her, with the non-mourning over her cousin Patrick's death and that incident with the Turkish diplomat, but I learned to love her as the story progressed. 
  3. Sybil + Branson. Who would've thought, right? Although I think Branson brainwashed her to think she loved him, haha! Kung makaquotable quote naman si Branson, matindi- "Look, it comes down to whether or not you love me. That's all. That's it. The rest is detail." At ang theme song nila ay Love Will Keep Us Alive
  4. The efficient househelps. I swear I love it how Carson and Mrs. Hughes kept everything running smoothly even in times of distress. You just gotta love their loyalty and how they respect and love their employers very much. We all wish we could find good house helps who would remain loyal to us through thick and thin, don't we? 
  5. Matthew + Mary. I love them. They're so good together. I swoon over them, especially when Mary told him that if she'd tell him about the scandal that he'd despise him and right after she told him, he said, "Mary, I could never despise you." **squeeee** And that final scene (Christmas Special), "I haven't forgiven you because I don't believe you need my forgiveness. You've lived your life and I've lived mine. Now it's time we live them together. 
Ayan may dagdag na naman sa aking susubaybayan sa September. Super thank you Juningning for the recommendation and for Seasons 1 and 2! Because of Downton, I have this penchant for English literature. After I read my YA reads, will try to read Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice. Tried to watch Pride & Prejudice last night but there's just something about Kiera Knightley because I can't stand her. Maybe I should watch the one with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails