Friday, July 20, 2012

RT 2012 book: charmed thirds

[I should remind myself not to read other bloggers' book reviews so as not so spoil it for me. Now I know Marcus is going to propose to Jessica in Book 4. Bah.]

Three down. Two more to go.


You get older, but you don't ever feel grown-up

Jessica Darling enters college at Columbia- juggling her time between academics and her long-distance relationships with best friend Hope and boyfriend Marcus. She meets new friends and new best friend prospects in lieu of Hope. 

Whenever I read books, I never find it hard to put a face to the characters until this one. I cannot quite put a face to Jessica and most especially, to Marcus. The closest one I can think of is Andrew Garfield, but I have my recent Spiderman watch to blame for that. I read somewhere that other readers that Marcus reminds them of Brandon Boyd. I beg to differ. Although Boyd is handsome and also looks like a dreg (ha!), my Marcus is a former dreg and in no way will be looking like Mr. Boyd. 

This is the book where Jessica is most annoying but I guess I'd have to read the two remaining books to find out. Sometimes I'd get tired of her rantings but I guess that is her appeal to us. Maybe because we feel her, we can sympathize with her and relate to some of what she's going through. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails