Thursday, July 19, 2012

happy hump day

I'm still grumpy; therefore, I'm still chasing after what will provide me bliss.

Last Saturday, my reasons for temporary bliss were lechon and Mango Trifle. That and time with my family, nuclear and extended. It was my Auntie Madre's Golden Jubilee (meaning, she's been a nun for 50 years, longer than the time I've existed in this world). My Aunt is maybe the reason why we're all Paulinians. 

It was my first time after a loooong time in their Antipolo convent. The only memory I had in this convent was the time when my youngest sister asked my aunt what if she enters the nunnery, to which she replied, "Lalabas kaming lahat." We were around 8 and 9 years old that time. 


Windmill! Even after 12 years of graduating from High School, I can still remember remember snippets from This Is Our Story. Okay, I did a little research (Google nga lang) why the fascination over windmills. We also have one in our campus, only it's not moving like this one. The windmill is a symbolism for the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives or something like it- "the Holy Spirit propels us to live a full life, just as the wind moves the windmill..." And what's more bongga is that they have a museum (!) with a talking hologram (!!) I wonder if our National Museum has that... 


To end the occasion, all the girls were given rosaries, the boys were given prayer booklets. I've yet to use mine.

Sunday. My reason for temporary bliss is Magoo's Pizza and Timezone with my nephews. Magoo's Pizza reminds me of my high school days and summers with AB. 

Monday, accompanied my sister to her check-up. Found out I'm having another nephew. While I'd love to have a niece, okay na rin ang boy basta healthy and normal. It was a day spent in waiting rooms of hospitals. I killed time by reading my current obsession: Megan McCafferty's Jessica Darling series. What I found weird was I didn't enjoy my food that day- pan-fried chicken at Pancake House (understandable), chicken wings at Flaming Wings and my brother-in-law's homemade cheeseburger. 


The chicken wings and burger were yummy. I just didn't have the appetite. Sayang. And oh, I had mocha frap na naman. May nakakalimot sa must-avoid-sugar-and-carbs diet. 

Wednesday- errands muna before lakwatsa. I need to buy a computer/laptop soon and I'm not yet decided what unit to buy. It is a major purchase after all. Don't you think it's pathetic that at almost-30, my definition of a major purchase is a laptop/computer? Perspective lang yan ;) Who cares??? So, finally met with A. Lunch at Kenny Roger's and again, I didn't enjoy my food. They have this chicken platter with pita and side dish which is their version of the Pollo Loco chicken. FAIL. The chicken is too spicy for me to enjoy. Speaking of intolerance to spicy foods, WHAT HAPPENED TO MY TASTE BUDS??? I used to love and enjoy eating spicy foods, why all of a sudden an intolerance to it? I can't enjoy spicy dilis and tuyo dipped in spicy vinegar the same way. A had an errand to run so I waited for her at Crepes & Cream where I had a strawberry & chocolate crepe. It was too sweet and that's coming from someone with a sweet tooth. 

Again, we've established that the highlight of my days (ergo, my existence) is food. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails