Thursday, January 12, 2012

recreation therapy 2012: book 1 & 2

We're on a roll these days, eh? Well, sige na easy reads lang naman ang mga natapos ko pero kahit na books pa rin ;P So that's 2 books down and 22 more to go before I meet my target quantity of books to be read.

Book#1: Smart vs Pretty by Valerie Frankel

{source}
Thrifted the book from Booksale. I was instantly attracted to the cover which is actually a big factor for me when choosing books because I am shallow like dut. Plus, the author has a very pretty name *ahem* Haha. So anyway, in a nutshell... the book was a nice read and I did enjoy it but what the book really was about was like not at all what I expected. They should've gave it another title because I thought it was misleading. I was expecting some sibling rivalry of sorts storyline, not a crime & investigation one. But I guess it was titled as such because the sisters were able to overcome everything using the smart sister's intelligence and the pretty sister's charm & looks.

Book#2: The Best of Chico & Delamar's The Morning Rush Top 10

{source}
Super funny, although I think nothing beats listening to them live with Chico's perfect timing of delivering the punchline with matching sound effects, etc. I really miss listening to them every morning but I get too lazy to turn on the radio and it's so much easier to switch the TV on (hello, remote control!). I enjoyed reading this so much that I couldn't put it down but during my commute going home yesterday, I got to this part-- 10,000 B.C. - Taon ipinanganak si Madam Auring-- and I couldn't stop laughing and I'm afraid people in the LRT might think I am crazy so I stopped reading and decided to continue it when I got home.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails