Thursday, September 1, 2011

waiting for something good

myartmylife.tumblr.com
It's September. Now what?


I'm actually shocked at myself for not feeling too excited about September, it being my birth month, new season of TV shows and the onset of Christmas season (-BER months!!!) at least here in the country. I don't know if it's age-related drama or because things aren't exactly going great right now. I'm not really sad or depressed, just disappointed and frustrated and annoyed. I kind of understand why a lot of people want to be woken up when September ends.

But you see the sentiment of hating (hate is such a strong word, disliking na lang) disliking the month wasn't uso until Green Day came up with the song "Wake Me Up When September Ends," and that they wrote after the 9/11 tragedy. I've never really gotten why people would want to skip the month but now I kinda do. I don't want to check anymore but it feels like another mercury retrograde... and I hate it that I actually believe that shit even if I tell myself not to. Bah.

So how was my first of September? Well, let's just say it was disappointing and didn't go as planned. Started the day early and went to two suppliers. Supplier #1 didn't have stock of my order [which was to be delivered the next day, Sept 2, and no new stock will be delivered anytime soon] and Supplier#2 raw materials are more expensive that Supplier A, which I just visited yesterday. Half of the day wasted when I could have started with the order with supplies I have at home. And I'm soooo tired when I got home and I was wearing super uncomfortable shoes [apparently, you don't get what you pay for with Crocs. Paltos ever and paa ko] But I don't want to focus on the bad because what's important is Supplier A has stock of my order, AD helps me by driving me to the supplier and picking up my orders and her househelps [and my helper] helping me finish the order due TOMORROW. And Joaquim bit me so hard it left a mark- a red rectangle on my forearm. But it wasn't that bad. I will focus on the good. That's the least I can do when things aren't going my way. Sabi nga I can't control my environment, I can only control my reaction to it.

So dear September, please be kind to me [and all the other who wishes to just sleep through you]. And please tell the weather or the atmosphere to stop raining on my parade.

P.S. Sun, please shine already!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails