Friday, September 30, 2011

project 100: the change-up

Now it really really looks like I do nothing except watch TV series and movies all day, everyday. But who cares, ya? What is important is that I get to enjoy my series and movies and still get things done. Malapit na bazaar and I think I really need to speed things up a bit, double-time in other words. Anyway, since yesterday we were supposed to meet up with a cousin who was going to do a cooking demo around lunch time, I hitched a ride with AD at 7am. I could have followed later but I was thinking if I had to be by lunchtime, I had to leave home around 10 so better that I go with her then I'll find some place to pass the time away. So I was there in Starbucks for two whole hours munching on ham & cheese croissant and making my mocha frap last for my entire stay while reading The Help. Jologs, haha. Okay ang haba ng intro ko ha. Anyway, we went to Rockwell for my cousin's demo then back to my sister's office. Watched a movie (again, for free! thanks to the handy-dandy compli pass c/o my sister's office) while waiting for her get off work.

I originally wanted to watch The Other Woman but my compli hindi pa pwede for it. But it's okay because I really wanted to watch The Change-Up ever since I saw the trailer.


{source}
Basically, it's Freaky Friday only PG-13 version (or is it R18 with cussing-overload and nude scenes) and much funnier. Close friends Mitch (Ryan Reynolds) and Dave (Jason Bateman) exchange bodies after they wished they had each other's lives. Of course you think how on earth could such a thing happen then realize that this is a movie where anything could happen and then sit there and just enjoy albeit it's absurdity. Well the premise is that they're both quasi tired of the lives they're living and then the exchange happened and they get to see their own lives from a different perspective. Seeing their lives from another perspective gave them a chance to re-evaluate their lives and try to improve on the areas that needs improvement. Ending: everybody happy.

Generally, it is a feel-good movie. I say generally because every time Olivia Wilde steps in the scene, I automatically don't feel good about myself haha. Kidding aside, Olivia Wilde is so so so beautiful. She is the only reason why I watch House. I swear the world is not fair. Why can't every girl have a waist that tiny? I want her perfect little eyebrows!


Do you think it's weird if I actually find Jason Bateman hotter than Ryan Reynolds? Jason Bateman was unknown to me before Hancock and even when I saw him on Hancock I didn't know who he was but that time I already liked what I saw ;) Ryan Reynolds I already find hot but after seeing Green Lantern, wis na. Maybe it's the wonky eye or maybe it's how he always wears tight-fit clothes. So ayun I ♥ Jason Bateman. Will download Horrible Bosses already because he is also in it ;)

But you know I think we all know that,
in life doesn't always turn out exactly how you planned it. 
Sometimes, just sometimes, turns out better.

So true. I just hope that what I am doing now is where I'm really meant to be.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails