Friday, July 29, 2011

lie to me


The drama had a really, really good start and it got me hooked so bad that I kept on clicking the next episode button. Considering that I watched Lie to Me on online streaming, it must be really really good because I didn't wander off youtube like I always do when doing stuff on a computer. However, when it came to the latter episodes, I wasn't that hot about it and it actually took me several days before watching the series' final two episodes.

My thoughts:
  1. Yoon Eun-hye is an amazing actress and I think she's perfect for roles like Gong Ah-jeong. Although I don't like her as Yoon Eun-hye the celebrity because I think she's maarte, I like her as an actress and think that she plays her roles very well. Yes, all her roles are almost the same but if that's what she does best, why not? She also reminds me of my friend from high school. 
  2. But Lie to Me reminded me so much of Lovers in Paris. Ki-joon (Kang Ji-hwan) reminded me of Ki-joo (see, even their names were similar) with his no-nonsense approach to things and his perfectionist ways, Ah-jeong reminded me of Tae-young with her cheerful and pleasant attitude towards things, Sang-hee reminded me of Soo-hyuk with their artsy fartsy form. The angle of two brothers being in love with the same girl. 
  3. Which may have come to the attention of the writers or producers or whoever of the series so they tried to change the course of the story, hence the less than stellar ending. Sang-hee gave up on Ah-jeong just like that. Wala man lang cry-cry. 
  4. After they resolved the lie that they weren't really married, the title of the series has lost its relevance to the story. Lie to Me nga tapos wala nang lie? Like in Lovers in Paris, they met in Paris but the majority of the story happened in Korea but the culmination was still in Paris. They could have thought of one more lie that could have made the ending more dramatic. Just thought it was a little anti-climactic.
  5. But what made me stick through it was the chemistry between Kang Ji-hwan ang Yoon Eun-hye! I literally was feeling it on my fingers and toes- giddiness galore! I forgot the other kilig scenes but here's one I remember because it's one of the more recent scenes I watched- Ah-jeong wanted Ki-joon to go home already but Ki-joon didn't want to...
Ki-joon laid his head on Ah-jeong's lap...
Ah-jeong: Hurry get up!
Ki-joon: Don't want to
AJ: Your head is heavy
GJ: Because my brain is full of Gong Ah-jeong

I DIE.
But who cares even if it was anti-climactic? It was heavily laden with kilig scenes and all I could do is squee with glee and be giddy and think if these stuff happen in real life. But no, I am not expecting for someone to sweep me off my feet and love me forever and ever because if there's one area of my life where I'm keeping my expectations low, this is it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails