Thursday, March 3, 2011

project 100: first love

Original title: Sing Lek Lek. Which reminds me of wenekleklek heehee ☺ Homay! This one is long overdue since I watched it last week and the sentiments aren't that fresh anymore. Sayang. I've been either busy or pretending to be busy (aka busy-busyhan).

First heard of Mario Maurer thru Ycel. She just came back from her Thailand vacay that time. It sparked my interest and I even tried looking for downloadable torrents of his movie but didn't find any on my suking torrent source. Then just last month, my niece asked if I already saw First Love, a Thai movie and mentioned Maurer. She said she'll give me a copy but it took eons for her to do so, so I took matter in my own hands and got myself a copy.


Watching this made my week and even till now, I haven't gotten over it yet. Highly relatable. Back when I was in high school. Back when I was in college. Hell, even now that I am in my late 20s, I can still relate to it. Story of my life. Bow.
As the movie trailer claims, most of the human population has experienced crushing on someone, admiring him or her from afar. Nam is highly relatable. Many of us would do anything to make our object of affection notice us. Like Nam, I also:
  1. did everything in my power to make myself more presentable to the p of i (person of interest). grow my hair long, cut it short, spend money on products, have my hair straightened, lose weight, occasionally put on eyeliner, etc etc etc. anything that i think would make me look cute. haha! conscious kung conscious. super laugh trip talaga nung maghilod hanggang pumuti si nam. 
  2. rampa! haha. nam and friends would go wherever they think chone would be. observing the p of i- where he hangs out, who his friends are. be where he is so you could at least get a glimpse of his cute face. omg, college days come to mind! i remember stealing glances at my p of i- looking over my carrel desk at the lib so i could see him. usually i do this discreetly but i would occasionally deliberately walk where he could see me, hoping that he might give me the time of day. hay. 
  3. made decisions with the p of i in mind. nam and friends didn't really want to join the drama club but since chone is on the production, they joined. how many times have i done this? countless! we eat here because this is where he'll pass by after his class. we pass this way so we could pass by his room. hay kaloka. 
and fast forward to almost a decade after graduating from college, it's still pretty much the same. but really, it's quite an experience. tiring and sometimes agonizing but it sure feels gooood when you feel those butterflies in your stomach, which makes the scene below so familiar~

Hindi lang pala sa Pilipinas na ang konsepto ng maganda ay maputi. Maybe in most Southeast Asian countries, being fair-skinned is considered beautiful. Nam before...


and Nam after all the "improvements"


IMO, I liked her better 'before.'

Si Chone ay napakapogi!!! >insert eardrum-shattering squeal here< No, hindi kita aagawan ng crush, ycel. I'm just stating a fact. Chone (Mario Maurer) is superduper cute. He's cute and NOT an ass. How many cute boys out there know they are good-looking and still not be jerks? Even fugly boys are jerks. But we are well aware that Chone is a figment of the imagination. 

But Mario Maurer is real. And I don't care if he's an ass or not because he's for viewing purposes only. When I say for viewing purposes, viewing purposes lang kasi siya as boses palaka. But you know what, I think I can live with that. Pogi na boses palaka o mukhang palaka na boses pogi? Take your pick ;)

Napatunayan natin sa movie na ito na 'daig ng maagap ng masipag.' Aksyon agad!

Albeit a romcom, I was crying my eyes out for quite awhile. No, I didn't just tear up, but I didn't hagulgol naman. Somewhere in between lang naman. But still, it felt as if I was in that scene, as if it was my heart being broken. Which, again, makes me lucky I haven't gone through major heartbreaks. Pang ano lang ako, pa-crush crush lang, pa-sipat sipat. Pag nagka-girlfriend, maiinis lang ng unti... ganun lang. 

I still don't get it why people torture themselves. Nam likes Chone. Chone likes Nam. Though it's not clear to me if Chone knows that Nam likes him. And the best thing about it is he liked her even before she was 'pretty.' Omaygas, I was squirming on my seat while watching yung mga kilig moments. And just when we think how creepy is it of Nam to keep that button with Chone's blood, we see Chone's scrapbook filled with Nam's photos- yun ang creepy. Anyway, I think perspective lang yan. If Nam doesn't like Chone, that would be creepy. But if she does, then that would go through the roof sa kilig factor. Just like when you hitch a ride in someone's car and he tells you that the song on the radio is for you and then Stephen Speaks' Passenger Seat plays- nakakakilig if you like him but creepy and awkward when you don't. 

Loves it! So so so so much.. to the moon and back. Although the ending was corny. It's not the destination, it's the journey. Bwahaha.  Definitely a must-see

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails