Thursday, October 28, 2010

pick flick: till my heartaches end

Mukhang umubra sakin ang may-I-cry drama ni Gerald Anderson at Kim Chiu sa presscon nila cos I already watched the movie... on its second day of release, no less. Well, I wanted to treat Lynlyn to a movie since she's been helping me out with my orders, etc. and since she hasn't been to a cinema yet and she's been here in Manila for almost two years. Excuses... But really, it's more of my way to show that I appreciate her help albeit the attitude she's been giving me recently and also sort of a bribe, too. But it's our little secret from all the other girls here in the house and from my mommy because the other girls would be envious and my mommy would think it's unnecessary. Anyway, so we were there for the first screening of the second day of release. Hindi rin naman kami masyado excited ano?

i don't like this movie poster. it's so... bland, unimaginative
  1. First and foremost, ang PAAAAAYAAAAT ni Kim Chiu! She's so thin, she looks like a pantyshield. Harhar. Pero I'm inggit. I super like her wardrobe in this movie and some of them even looked familiar. Ang ganda ng bagsak ng damit sa kanya, but I don't want to be like her-like her with all her skeletal system sticking out, shedding 30 lbs would be enough. There was this one scene where Gerald Anderson's character told Kim Chiu's, 'eh baka kasi nagugutom ka,' and if I had written the script, Kim's reply wuold be, 'mukha ba akong kumakain?' Mahirap na maging bitter. Ha. 
  2. But she is miserable! I'd rather be fat voluptuous and happy than thin and miserable. Agnes (Chiu) is this quiet girl who came to Manila to review for her NCLEX. I don't think she was miserable because of the relationship. She was miserable. Period. Maybe because she's a girl who's got this abandonment issue stemming from the absence of her parents who were working abroad. Once she had her first relationship with Paolo (Anderson), she clung to him like a remora fish would to a shark and made her world revolve around him. Or maybe because it was her relationship and didn't know better. I hate weak people who's auto-response to things is crying.
  3. This movie could have been more believable if Agnes' necklace was snatched in this movie. Seriously, how could anyone go out in Recto with those bling bling and not be mugged? 
  4. Agnes was NBSB (no boyfriend since birth), a situation I can relate to. All throughout the movie, there were a lot of scenes wherein I swear I wanted to hit her. Like the time when Paolo wasn't replying to his messages and wasn't answering his call- that was too clingy already. If I were in her place, I would have retaliated by giving him a dose of his own medicine. But of course, this is what I think I would do given the situation but I can't really say if I would do just that if I were in such situation. I know it's easier said than done. I suppose this all boils down to self-respect- you wouldn't allow someone to treat you that way if you have respect for yourself.
  5. But Paolo also has a point- Agnes has become a wet blanket. She doesn't even try to get to know his world. All she wants is she and him in their own world na hindi naman posible. Well, it was done in Inception pero nabu-ang ang babae, remember? And besides, it's also not healthy. He tries to bring her to his world but what does she do? May Cinderella complex ang lola mo! She has to be home by 12:30. She should have at least tried to integrate herself into what he's into. She doesn't have to like it but she could at least try. Or maybe they could get into a compromise. But seriously, WHAT DO I KNOW?!? Okay, I will shut up.
  6. Ang hirap sa mayayabang, they fail to see that people around them are trying to help them yet they don't see that because they're too busy proving themselves. Like what John Lloyd's character in A Very Special Love said, "Dad, kung talagang hindi kami magkakaiba, why do I even have to prove anything?" So I liked the scene where Mark Gil told Paolo that he has always been his son it's just that he just never gave him a chance to be a father to him. In other words, hindi naman kelangan na naghirap siya ng ganun at tumira siya sa ganun pero dahil mayabang siya, ayan. But then again, if he didn't feel the need to prove himself, he wouldn't have become a millionaire. 
  7. And for the nth time, ANOTHER MOVIE TITLE DERIVED FROM A SONG! Oh puhleeze :( Although I must say, no wigs this time. 
In fairness, I commend Kim Chiu for her acting on this one. As with Gerald, his speech still distracts me. I don't know if it's because Filipino is not his first language or he's trying to speak like a macho man. Basta there's something distracting in the way he speaks. And the emotions didn't feel true-to-life naman.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails