Tuesday, October 12, 2010

on a roll

I don't even know how to start this so I thought I would start by saying that I don't know how to start this.

Happy Tuesday! I will wield all my focus on the good, the better and the bets. Haters gonna hate! Haha. A lot of obstacles in my way but from now on I try to make the best out of every situation and try not to lose my cool (which happens ALL the time). Only 44 days left 'til my big event for the season, career-wise. Just resting for a wee bit today and updating this blog o' mine (that only I read) before working my ass off concocting awesomeness in my sister's kitchen.

Saturday was Spanish Culture Awareness Day
I was busy Thursday and Friday that I wasn't able to get into the email chain among my classmates. They were planning on going to the Galeón Andalucía pala and I was totally oblivious to it. Only learned about it through Jaime who sent me a text message around 9pm if I was going. Meet-up was in IC and at 7:30 am. I really wasn't interested in going but I wanted to go just because I don't want to be left alone in class with all my classmates in the galeón. But I slept late because I waited up for my sister who turned out to be not coming home; she had an event very early the following day.

It dawned on me she was with the Galeón! She asked me Wednesday night if I wanted to volunteer to become *ahem*  a translator of some sort. I told her mukhang hindi pa kaya ng powers ko, but as opposed to them who didn't really know how to speak Spanish, keri na ang limited 'skill' ko. But- I had things planned out to do Thursday and Friday. Sayang. Oh well... So ayun, I kinda connected the dots and came to the conclusion that the galeon was her event and texted her if she could get me and my friends in. She texted back Saturday morning already. Initially, she said she can't get us in since it was already the last day and it was only until 11am and the line outside was preposterously long. Oh okay. I wasn't really interested. But then she texted me and said she could get us in. Texted Jaime but he didn't reply, turned out they just went back to class. Only Josette and I got inside. Josette and I, the most uninterested persons to see the galeon out of the bunch, got inside. The irony... 

'Andalusha'
Not to be cocky because I got in but people were in a riot for this?
It's not even the real thing.
Just saying...

people were eager to meet our colonizers
Arrr... reminded me of Pirates of the Carribean. Not history. Ha.
Siguro nga you shouln't want something so bad because you end up not having it. If there are any lessons learned from this experience, siguro it's 'petiks lang'. Seriously, you get what you don't really want and you don't get what you really really want. Ask once and let God and the powers of the universe take care of it after. Maybe we don't really need to put in all our energy into wishing things. Just ask and accept. So Lord, ayoko talaga ng guapo... at mayaman at mabait at magaling magluto =)

Josette and I were still able to attend one hour of class. Just two more meetings left for Noli 2. Decided not to enroll for next course because I have to concentrate on my business, especially the holidays is the busiest season for me. I will miss my Saturday routine- early morning commute, brain food, descanso, lunch and chismis sessions with friends. Though I'll be back for Fili.

Película Pelikula at Greenbelt 3 after class. Met up with Pam, who reserved tickets for us. Stayed for two movies: Desierto Adentro and La Teta Asustada- both emotionally draining and disturbing. Oh wow. Joked about wanting to jump off the building after watching these two movies. Hebigats, pare. 

Desierto Adentro
A man tries to pay for his sin of 'causing' death to a priest during the revolution tries to redeem himself and his eight children by building a church. He believed that his youngest son, Aureliano, was the weakest among the eight and the first God would take away from him. But living in isolation has taken its toll on his children and in his obsession, he failed to notice such.  This resulted to his kids dying, running away and having incestuous relationship.

A good watch although one should watch it during happy days because doing so on sucky days would really make you want to jump off a cliff.

La Teta Asustada
También una película muy triste. Though this one has a happy ending, so to speak.
Fausta's ignorance (or is it innocence? maybe a little bit of both) reminded me of country bumpkins such as ... Anyway, here's another disturbing movie and just seeing the movie poster now, more disturbing but I must admit a bit funny. Watch the movie and you'll get the significance of a potato in her life.

What I liked about this movie is that there still are people who are innately good in the person of Noé, the gardener. Instead of taking advantage of her innocence as some other man would have done, she helped Fausta find her independence.

Why do art or award-winning films often have to be about poverty, depression, incest or some other depressing fact of life? They're good films but really, movies like these suck the energy out of me. Although an 'intelligent' film like this is advisable once in awhile, a deviation from my usually ditzy, fairy tale-ish movie choices. Though it is advisable not to watch depressing movies one after another; my heart would explode.

Stay-in Sunday 
No lunch-out for us last Sunday. Mommy was sick. Wak was sick, also. Accompanied AD to a baptism she proxy-d for her husband. I was given less than 30 minutes to prepare which explains the Judy Ann ca. Mara Clara days outfit. Went to Eastwood to buy baptismal gift then off to Tomas Morato to drop off the gift. Headed back home and had delicious turbo chicken for lunch.

I love surprises and would really prefer not to know what I would get for my birthday and Christmas but right now, I am pleasantly aware of what AD would give me for Xmas 2010- a 2011 Moleskine planner. Oh joy! We were in Fully Booked last Sunday, looking for a gift and there were those beautiful moleskine planners near the entrance. She asked me which one was it that I like ☺ Really thought she wouldn't get it for me because it's pricey. She will and I'm superdupermegaover happy!

Spent the entire afternoon in mommy's room- sleeping, watching tv and playing Cooking Dash. Suddenly, I missed my childhood when we would all watch ASAP in our parents' bedroom. I can't imagine how all seven of us fit inside that room. Laid-back Sunday ♥

Monday calls for Method Mastery
Started my day earlier than usual and headed off to my lash perming & extension seminar. After six hours- et voila- I can perm and do lash extensions! Didn't really want to do this and was reluctant to do this but what a pleasant surprise. I've always been hesitant to try new things but when I do, I always find myself liking it afterwards.  I can't wait to do it. Must practice. Practice makes perfect. Perfection is what I seek. After all, I am a Virgo ;) Excited nako!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day!This was a really superb website!
I come from itlay, I was fortunate to seek your subject in wordpress
Also I obtain a lot in your theme really thanks very much i will come daily

Related Posts with Thumbnails