Friday, July 16, 2010

Pick Flick: Knight and Day

Fun movie ☺ Choice was actually between Karate Kid and this. Obviously, Knight and Day won, the only criterion being something that wouldn't put me to sleep. We opted for the one with more action since Karate Kid might be full of chit chat.

What I Love/Hate About Knight and Day:

  • (+) A good action movie once in a while is good. I know I gravitate towards rom-coms and tearjerkers but I also need a regular dose of cliffhangers and whathaveyous. The last time I must have watched an action movie was last year when I watched The International with AD's handy dandy movie passes.
  • (+) Cameron Diaz... What can I say, we share the same... surname! Haha. The age is showing but she still has a kick-ass body and can still rock a bikini. Definitely one of my favorite actresses because she's not afraid to look foolish. And I do think she's not trying hard to hold on to her youth since she's accepting mother roles now (The Box, Lovely Bones) but if I'm a mom and I still look like that? Dayum! I'd wear a bikini even when I'm doing the laundry. 
  • (+/-) Tom Cruise. I used to like and swoon over Tom Cruise ca. Jerry Maguire and all that "you complete me" mush. But come Katie Holmes and couch-jumping on Oprah, I reckon he's too weird na. Overacting, much? The age is showing as with Diaz, but with Cruise, I get the vibe that he's still trying to hold on to what's left of his youth. But guess what, I found him okay here. 
  • (-) Owwws?? moments. Well, I think the same goes for most movies. Who comes out of a plane crash, a helicopter crash and a car chase unscathed? Even John Casey gets injured once in awhile. Oh c'mon, there's got to be some bruise or cut somewhere there and I'm not talking about that gunshot wound... I want to see bugbog-sarado! Black eye! The works! Eh after all that explosion and near-death experiences, gwapo pa din? Eh yung iba diyan, nag-Divisoria lang, nanglilimahid na! 

      (+) Reminded me of Chuck. I miss Chuck. 

    Super fun movie. I can't wait 'til my next movie with AD- Eat Pray Love.

    No comments:

    Related Posts with Thumbnails