Tuesday, July 27, 2010

pick flick: inception

Super na-intriga ako sa movie na ito. I must have seen a bazillion statuses on Facebook, raving about Inception. There was not a single rant. Not that I just want to get on the bandwagon but if this movie's really a good one, I think I shouldn't miss out on this one, see what's the fuss all about.

♥ Mis pensamientos sobre la peli, Inception
  1. I've heard some things about Inception already so I knew it was about dreams. I assumed maybe it would a little like What Dreams May Come or In Dreams, surreal. Yes, it was surreal but not like the two movies I've mentioned. I was expecting colorful graphics but it was dark, actually. I loved it, nonetheless. It was different from what I expected but I loved it.
  2. Yes, I've already concocted in my mind as to how this movie would be and because of people's ravings about it made me expect A LOT. You know me and my expectations. I should've have known better than to assume. I should've have held on all expectations. Siguro kung hindi ako masyado nagpadala sa mga supermegafragilistic-ravings ng mga tao, I would consider this movie as really really good. It was an okay movie for me, though. Dang those FB ravers. They ruined Inception for me. Though I may not consider Inception as one of the greats unlike others, I still loved and enjoyed watching it.
  3. How I would love to be Ellen Page in this movie! Two reasons: 1) she got to be surrounded by good-looking men, and 2) she got kissed by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Gah!
  4. Speaking of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, I am totally digging him right now. I used to hate him during his 3rd Rock From the Sun days, thought he was okay in 10 Things I Hate About You but loved him come 500 Days of Summer. He's not the best-looking actor there is in Hollywood but man, I totally have the hots for this bloke. I am so looking forward to his other movies. My gosh, I still can't shake of his image, sleeping and smiling inside that van. **sigh**
  5. And who would have ever thought Leonardo di Caprio would go this far? I really didn't think so. I thought he'd be one of those teenybopper idols who'd be laos right away. I'm glad I was wrong because he's a brilliant actor and he's starred in many good movies such as Catch Me If You Can, The Departed, Inception and will watch Shutter Island after I'm done with my Dexter season 1 marathon.
  6. I like movies that make me think as much as movies that make my brain cells rest. Although I am not 100% sure that I "got" the movie. I think I got it but I am not so sure if I did. Haha. I guess everyone's entitled to their own take on the ending. It got a little confusing lang sometimes because it's a dream within a dream within a dream. Even I don't know what's reality anymore! This movie reminds me of Identity.
  7. Why would people want to stay in their dreams? I'd rather be living in my reality than be stuck in a fake world, right? Even if I can only be with l'amour de ma vie in my dreams, I'd still choose what's real over my make-believe. Or subconscious. Wherever that is. Of course there are some dreams I would want to stay longer in like that dream I had a month ago but I would also want to snap back to reality. Siguro pag feeling mo nananaginip ka lang, gising ka talaga. Parang pag feeling mo nasisira na ulo mo, nasa tamang pag-iisip ka pa din. Huh?
  8. Now that I've seen Inception, I'm kinda scared to dream now. It gave me this notion that I could get stuck in my dreams and die in my sleep. Oooh, that reminds me of bangungot! Like for example when I was a kid, I was told to never sleep on an empty stomach because my soul would get hungry, look for food and would get stuck inside the kalan or the ref and then I would die. I wouldn't want to die in my sleep. I'd feel betrayed if I did because it would mean that death crept up on me and caught me unaware and didn't even give me a chance to make the most of what's left of my life.
  9. And have I told you about my aversion to open-ended endings? Although sometimes I would like to watch movies that requires brain cells, I still prefer that they give me definite endings. I don't care whether it's happy or sad, just give me a definite ending! I love happy endings. I love sad endings. I sorta hate open-ended ones. Nag-iisip nako the entire duration of the movie, please don't make me think even after the movie ends. It's too much for my brain cells to take...
     

    My thoughts exactly.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails