Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pick Flick: Miss You Like Crazy

Being a John Lloyd crush-er, I wanted to watch first day the movie was out. Yes, I'm a hardcore fangirl like that. But I can't find anyone to watch it with me. Anyway, as of press time, naks, I've seen the movie twice: first was with Armida last Saturday and second was with AB yesterday.

14 Things about Miss You Like Crazy:
  1. A little different from all the other Filipino movies I've seen. According to me, it's a quiet movie. According to AB, it's an emo movie. It's a quiet emo movie. It has the quietness typical of Korean films. I like that. I never knew we were capable of that.

  2. A love story is incomplete without those cheesy love quotes such as "Time is meaningless when you're in love." But I liked this one better, "Sa tagal-tagal mong naghintay, importante pa ba kung magmukha kang tanga." May point siya.

  3. Hindi kumpleto ang Star Cinema movie pag... walang naka-wig. I swear those wigs have to go. Or at least, they should get wigs that aren't too obvious. It's distracting and they don't even really affect the story. AB said maybe it's part of their character building. But still, horrible wigs I say. Ang titigas ng wig nila. Mas malambot pa buhok ng mga puppet sa Sesame Street.

  4. Another Star Cinema movie staple: music lyrics as movie title. Ano ba? Saan na ba napunta ang creativity ng mga tao? This is the nth time they have named a movie after songs and I'm getting tired of it. Next Star Cinema movie's title also comes from a song, Babe, I Love You. ARGH. But I think they justified the usage of I Miss You Like Crazy as its title since they must have used the song in every frickin' scene in the movie. Lahat na ng versions ng kanta nagamit na nila. Well, that's still so much better than KC Concepcion's movie When I Met You (yet another movie named after a song) with only KC's horrible rendition played over and over the entire movie's duration.

  5. Siguro ang bigat-bigat ng bag ni Mia (Bea Alonzo) kasi andaming laman na bato.

  6. AB said she couldn't get how one could have that connection with someone when you have spent less than 48 hours with that person. I agree. Eh kasi naman bakit isinusuko ang Bataan ng ganun-ganun na lang? According to Steve Harvey, don't give the cookie until you know he deserves it. Haha.

  7. I understand why Allan (John Lloyd) didn't come running to Mia's side right away. Of course he tried to rationalize things. He was with Daphne (Maricar Reyes) for four years and was with Mia only for two days. Anubah! Anyone in his right mind would and should think things like this a bazillion times before making a decision. Allan only did the rational thing to do which was not leave everything he has worked hard for his whole life just like that just for a girl. But his decision to not be with Mia has also consumed him for years. And this brings me back to #5, how on earth could you let two days of your life dictate how you feel for five years? In the movie, it was shown that it was worth the wait, but IT'S A MOVIE! In real life, if you dwell on those two days for the next five years of your life then you're some kinda stupid. MOVE ON.

  8. In fairness to Maricar Reyes, she's getting better in her acting. I give her 3 stars which could have been four had it not been for the wig. Well, mahirap na rin siguro for her to veer away from her nasisilaw-ako at Are you breaking up with me-pabulong acting. And for someone who broke into the scene through an infamous video, good job, I say.

  9. And also kudos to the Malaysian actor who played Mir kahit ginawa siyang tanga ni Mia at Allan dun sa scene na nag-uusap sila tungkol sa hinahanap na babae ni Allan sa Malaysia.

  10. Ketchup's character asked Mia that in a perfect world, who would she choose. Sana pumili na siya agad dahil nasa perfect world sila, ano ba! Would your fiance give you ticket back to Manila so you could reunite with your ex? And since they were in a perfect world, sana sinabi na lang din niya na babalik siyang Manila after their Paris trip because I wouldn't miss Paris for the world.

  11. That scene in the park with the benches ek-ek, that was very (500) Days of Summer. Nice. Wala nga lang originality but nice.

  12. I like balloons, ergo I liked their use of balloons as props. I wonder if the writer has a tumblr...

  13. Mia lives in a verrry small house she shares with her big family, so I wonder paano niya nakukulot yung buhok niya ng ganun kaganda? Connect?

  14. At bakit parang napaka-importante malaman natin kung sino ang narrator? Haha. I mean, when I watched it with Armida, we were wondering who was the narrator because obviously, it wasn't John Lloyd's voice. And when I watched it with AB, she asked me who was narrating. Eh bakit sa ibang movies hindi naman natin tinatanong kung sino narrator?
I liked the movie but I didn't love it. It was nice and yun nga, I found the movie's quietness beautiful but I still prefer romantic comedies. The world is too much problematic nowadays to watch emo movies. After this movie, I wonder what will there be more of: people who write their feelings on stones or people who would hang out in Paco Park or people who will take ferry boats going to work?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails