Friday, March 26, 2010

Cobra Starship ♥

Just got back from the Cobra Starship show at Trinoma and it was one helluva blast! I was surprised that I enjoyed it SO MUCH. I am not really that much of a fan, I just like two of their songs and it just happens that I have a sister who works in Ayala, so I was able to get hold of tickets =)
Left home 4:30pm, in a hurry cos I was supposed to meet one of my co-Cobra Starship trooper in Trinoma at 5:30. I wasn't able to correctly estimate the time it would take to get there plus it took the MRT train forever to arrive so got there late..
Photobucket
First up was their opening act~ this cute, lanky guy who danced to this mix of songs which included YMCA and the Macarena. Totally oblivious as to who are the members of the band, I thought he was one of the band. Turned out he was just one of the crew. Cute. Anyhoo, didn't know that they have a girl member in the band as well and that's just cool that they do. Namomroblema pa naman ako kung sino ang kakanta sa part ni Leighton Meester 'pag kinanta na nila ang Good Girls Go Bad. Felt so out of place there when all these kids starting singing along to all Cobra Starship songs with matching dance steps pa and there we were right smack in the middle of the activity area, NR to everything that's happening. Well, we do clap after every song and we raise our hands when asked to para hindi naman masyado halata na mashonders na kami. Bahaha. And to our relief, we weren't the oldest there...
Photobucket
If it's too loud, you're too old na, lolo
And did I mention I had a MEET & GREET STUB? Un poco baduy lang that we only have one stub (one stub, one person policy) for the meet & greet. I was thisclose to giving it away to someone who really wanted it. Yun nga, hindi naman ako masyado fan tapos nahihiya pa ako to have my picture taken with them since most of the fans who got in line for the meet and greet were kids, but Christmas and AB's friends, Maan, coaxed me to do it. I think I was the only late 20something person. Boo~ I felt so old already. Sabi nga ni Christmas mukhang mas matanda pa kami sa members ng band. I wouldn't be surprised if they are. Googled it. No, they're not older than us. Yay! Now I don't feel so retarded. Anyway, back to the meet & greet and me being the only gurang quasi-fan had my turn to pose and have my picture taken with the band. Corny lang kasi wala na masyado interaction. The other girls who went before us were able to hug them or shake hands with the band. Sayang, meron pa namang cute dun. And I felt like a midget cos all of them were GARGANTUAN. I'm a bit OC and nosy when it comes to people's height so I googled it again and found out that the girl stands 5'11. Gah. I must've really looked like an effin' midget back there. Boo~ And speaking of pictures, they had an official photographer for the meet & greet and digital cameras are not allowed on the stage so we really have to get that one pic in Picture City... in Trinoma. Eh hello, I live in Pasig pa kaya?!? Naman.

That's Midget Me being towered over by ginormous people
Photobucket
Enjoyed the Cobra Starship extravaganza~ they have good music you can dance to and the band members were very, very gracious. Love it ♥ Going all the way to Trinoma was worth it. Had so much fun and would now want to acquaint myself with the other Cobra Starship songs aside from Good Girls Go Bad and Hot Mess.



This has gotten me really excited for the Timabaland/Jojo/Justin Timberlake concert on Saturday. Toodles~

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails