Tuesday, February 23, 2010

R.I.P. Sunday


Photobucket

Sunday died today, February 23 2010 at 2:30pm.

We noticed since last night that Sunday was matamlay. We thought it was only because he was making tampo since we have a new baby here at home. Or that he was matamlay because he was sensing that AB would be leaving soon. I tried to give attention to him last night, nag-walk pa nga kami. Then he stopped while we were walking. I thought he was going to make jebs, e nasa tapat kami ng bahay ng kapitbahay namin, so I pulled him in front of our house where he could do his business. Tapos nagwiwi lang pala but when I checked his piss, it was dark-colored. It was dark outside so I wasn't really sure if there was blood in his urine. Today, I checked on Sunday again. This time, he was already super weak. He was lying on concrete and breathing heavily, as if gasping for breath. Then he tried to stand up which he did but almost unsuccessfully, with his legs wobbling. He stood just to make wiwi and I saw his bloody urine. I asked Vicky if we could bring Sunday to the vet.

We carried Sunday to the car since he was too weak to stand. When we arrived, they checked his temperature. They also noticed that he was yellowish. Dumating na yung vet and he informed us that Sunday's prognosis was his liver was probably damaged and it could be caused by leptospirosis and chances of survival is verrry low. He gave us four options with the last option being "putting him to sleep." We called AB for her to make the decision. The vet explained to her the options and she opted for the last one. The vet was preparing to put Sunday to sleep and Vicky and I were already crying by this time when he then said that he doesn't have to put Sunday to sleep because Sunday's already dead. We took Sunday home, but this time he was already inside a black bag.

According to pamahiin, kapag namatay ang alagang aso, mayroon siyang sinagip na buhay. I hope this was the case with Sunday's death.

R.I.P. Sunday.
You will be missed.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails