Monday, February 22, 2010

Pick Flick: Valentine's Day

Reminded me of He's Just Not That Into You with its star-studded cast and since I didn't really enjoy HJNTIY, I was pretty skeptical about this movie. I was willing to wait for it on DVD actually than watch it in the cinemas. But AC and I accompanied AB in MOA yesterday for their exhibit set-up and to kill time, we opted to watch a movie. AC and I bought tickets for the last full show of Valentine's Day at 10pm at buti na lang 10pm ang last full show ng MOA. We were unable to watch the first few scenes of the movie because Big City's service is painfully slow.... and that bratwurst wasn't even worth the wait, it's tiny and it didn't have mustard. Going back to the movie, I went in with little expectations...




Five Things about Valentine's Day:


1. Above anything else, this movie made me feel insecure not because I didn't have a "valentine" but because all of the girls there were super skinny! But that didn't make me not want to devour my smoked bratwurst, LOL. Jessica Biel's waist was almost non-existent. I WAAAAANT!

2. Taylor Swift has got to be the cutest thing in this movie. I like her but I am not a fan. She seems like a sweet girl but I'm getting tired of her princess and fairy tale chu-chu lyrics. Anyway, I think she played her role in the movie quite well. She's so cute toting that big, white, fluffy teddy bear everywhere she goes. And when she did her little dance there, I thought she was adorable.I'd say if she were a real person, that is annoying. But this is a movie so I say cute.



3. Loved Julia Roberts' quasi-reprise of Pretty Woman. Big mistake. Big. Huge. Ugh, loves it!

4. How everyone's tale is interconnected is unbelievable at first but when you think about it, it is possible. Small world nga daw diba.

5. Okay, I admit that I did shed a few tears and it was with Estelle (Shirley Maclaine) and Edgar's (Hector Elizondo) story. An old couple married for years and then suddenly, secrets come out. I love how they depicted how old people make tampo but after a wee bit, they make up. I thought they were heading to splitsville considering it is Hollywood and 50+ years together isn't really hard to just put away... But yay! they kissed and made up. There's just something that tugs the heart about old couples who have gone through a lot together and still love each other. I want that.

Maybe it really pays to not have any expectations when you walk in a movie house because not having any means little or no room for disappointment (pwera na lang kung Silent Hill because that movie just sucks big time). Many didn't like it, saying it's too cheesy, cliché, blah blah blah. C'mon! It's supposed to be cheesy and filled with cliché because it is a romantic comedy film entitled Valentine's Day to be shown during the period of Valentine's day. It's supposed to make us squirm in cheesiness or giddiness, depends on which angle you're taking it from. I enjoyed it. Buti na lang hindi kasali dito si Jennifer Aniston.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must digg your post so more people are able to see it, very helpful, I had a hard time finding the results searching on the web, thanks.

- Joe

Related Posts with Thumbnails