Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Read 2010/2: Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man

by Steve Harvey

I was watching Tyra and this man, Steve Harvey, was the guest. What he was talking about really caught my attention. I decided to read this because I thought it was very interesting. It is!

I learned that there are three things that drive men: (1) who he is, (2) what he does, and (3) how much he makes. And until a man fulfills these three, he is not yet ready for a serious, committed relationship. And when do you know when a man loves you? Three things:
1. Profess
2. Provide
3. Protect
No first hand experience here, but I think I can agree with the Profess part. If a man doesn't introduce you to his family and friends as his special someone, then he doesn't see you in his future. Wala ka sa future plans niya (I hope Fergie realizes this) Gets?!?!?!?!?!?!?

And from reading this book, I deduced that the bottomline is, women just have to respect themselves. We have to respect ourselves and set standards. I can remember oh so clearly Harvey's explanation: a woman's standards is like a garden wall. If you set it low, anyone can easily walk over the wall and enjoy/destroy the garden. But if you set it high, only those who are willing to scale the wall will be able to do so. And if a man really likes you, he will scale that wall. Walang masyadong mataas na standard. If he really likes you, he will try to measure up to your standard. Sabi nga, kung gusto may paraan...

Very interesting talaga, I tell you. And for a person who's SSB, very insightful, haha :)

1 comment:

christmas said...

meron kang copy? i tried to look it up, ang mahal... 1k.. hardbound ba ito??

Related Posts with Thumbnails