Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pick Flick: Avatar

I resisted watching this movie for a long time. Even if a lot of people said that it was really good, it just didn't appeal to me. If I remember correctly, I saw the trailer of this movie in the cinemas one time and I thought, 'what ugly characters.' Ha. But because a lot, and I mean a lot, were raving endlessly about this movie, I decided to watch it in the cinemas in 3D, but not in IMAX.

Seven Things about Avatar:
  1. I really don't like how the Na'vis look like. They look like cats and I don't like cats. Cats are scary. They also remind me of the movie The Sleepwalkers. I know many have watched this movie more than once but I don't think I will do because I don't think I can look at those creatures for three long hours again. I'd rather watch The Sleepwalkers again.
  2. The special effects were amazing but that's all there is to it. Maybe I should have watched it in IMAX to appreciate it but then again if you need to watch it in special conditions, then maybe it isn't that good after all.
  3. That mass chanting scene is creepy and what's more creepy is that it reminded me of the 2008 Beijing Olympics opening ceremony.
  4. Giovani Ribisi in the house, yo! lol The last movie of Ribisi that I saw was The Other Sister and I only watched it because Savage Garden sang the movie's theme. I don't know if it's because of The Other Sister or he really acts like a retard all the time.
  5. The humans wanted to obtain the mineral Unobtanium which happened to be concentrated in massive quantity underneath the biggest tree in the alien planet (?) where the Na'vis live. I think its called Unobtanium for a reason, riiiiight?
  6. Only those gigantic, weird versions of animals could fight off the invaders, anubah! And where were these animals when they were needed? Jake touches a weird mushroom-like plant and this rhino-like animal attacks him immediately but these animals only attack towards the end albeit the loud explosions and helicopters crashing in the area?!?
  7. Story reminded me of Pocahontas. It is Pocahontas, only set in some alien land.
AVATAR POCAHONTAS
Na'vi American Indian
the human race English
Unobtanium gold
Neytiri Pocahontas
Jake Sully Capt. John Smith
Mo'at Chief Powhatan
Tsu'tey Kocoum
Eywa Grandmother Willow

And the list goes on...

I really don't like cats and how they look like so maybe that kind of influenced my opinions with regard to the movie. Maybe if they made these alien people look like another animal, like giraffes for example. And I really don't like the color blue. It reminds me of my mother's bathroom.

I still think there's too much hype in this movie. 3D movies are pretty expensive and next time, I should choose wisely what to see on 3D. Well, IMAX is much more expensive but still 3D is expensive for a movie. Although am a non-believer in the wonders of 3D movies, I plan on seeing Alice in Wonderland in 3D.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

check out this link

http://iamhilarious.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/pocahontas-avatar-750x730.jpg

Related Posts with Thumbnails