Monday, September 14, 2009

Pick Flick: Alles es Liefde (All is Love)

I think I just spent 1 1/2 hours listening to Sims talking. Which is not that bad actually since it wasn't really annoying and I was also distracted by the subtitles I had to read to understand the movie.

Love is like Santa Claus. You have to believe in it or else it does not work.

A cute story on how love (or lack thereof) affects the lives of people. I've never seen Love Actually yet but I have a feeling it's very similar to this Dutch film. I liked it because it's so optimistic towards the idea of love. And after a boring (but surprisingly, I didn't sleep through it) Italian movie, I demoni di San Pietroburgo (The Demons of St. Petersburg), you'll really appreciate this movie.

But do you believe in the movie's tagline? Do you have to only believe in it for it to work? But what if you believe in it but there's nothing to work on? Riiight? Because I believe that it's not always the case. I've heard of some people who have had the same regard for love as Ebenezer Scrooge had for Christmas, but then love suddenly sweeps them off their feet and the rest, they say, is history. And then there are some who have been waiting for it for forever but love has remained ever so elusive. Which leads me to the question, do you really have to find love? Or let it find you? Cheesy much? Sabi nga ng busmate ko nung high school, 'Pag in love ka, baduy ka. Yeah!!! Anyway, I still believe that if it's meant to happen, it will happen.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails