Friday, September 11, 2009

Glee S1 E2: Showmance

Yay! New episode of Glee~ happy happy happy! Because my life currently revolves around going to POW, eating siomai and/or siopao on a daily basis and watching TV series, new episodes get me all giddy. This episode is just sheer love which is both good and bad. Good because I now have another TV series to look forward to every single week, but bad because since it started strong, it just has to get better with every episode and I could have pretty high standards, y'know. But then there's the variety-show-ish side of the series that is worth looking forward to every week aside from the storyline itself.

Aaaah, high school... I love high school. How I wish I was in high school all over again... but I'm not and high school's so last ten years ago so we have to move on. But Glee just makes me feel all nostalgic. Well, anything that's high-school-themed reminds me of high school.

Great characters, I must say. I love how everyone's making the show work. All that quirkiness just goes to show that everyone has his or her own eccentricities.

Rachel Berry
I wasn't sure during the first episode if I should love her or hate her. I do like her but her OA go-getter, nothing-can-stand-in-my-way attitude turns me off a bit. She reminds me of Tracy Flick, Reese Witherspoon's character in Election. AB said she reminds her of Lea Salonga. Haha.

Finn
My boy crush of the moment ♥ ♥ ♥ He's cute plus he can sing. Wow, right? Initially conflicted whether or not to join the glee club, Finn has now decided to come out of the (singing) closet because, well, he just loves singing. Although his football buddies and girlfriend thinks being in glee is gay, he still pushes through with it.

Will Schuester
Not really a fan of him but when he started singing that Kanye song, I thought maybe I'd change my mind. Didn't really expect that he could sing... and groove. There was even this review I read saying that it was a good thing that they made Mr. Schu (short for Schuester) remove his jacket to show his tight t-shirt. Haha. I am not crushing on Mr. Schu nor am holding HD towards him because my heart belongs to Finn. Bahahaha! Although in my opinion, he does look a bit like Justin Timberlake, no? Not dead-on but there's some kind of resemblance. It must be the hair.

Sue Sylvester
Ang bidang kontrabida, Will's nemesis. Cheerios coach, Sue, is the school's diva. Imagine, she has the Cheerios cheering costumes dry-cleaned in Europe! Ha. That's why she is dead set against the glee club because Principal Figgins cut her dry cleaning budget so as to make costumes for glee. Plus, with the glee's potential, she could be sharing the glory with others and one nation can't have two queens.

Emma Pillsbury
Emma, the obsessive-compulsive, germaphobic guidance counselor, is my favorite character out of the series.

My favorite scene from last night's episode was when Emma caught Rachel throwing up in the toilet. She asks Rachel about what could have led to Rachel's attempt to be bulimic and then Rachel asks her if has she ever liked somebody so much that she just wanted to lock herself in her room, turn on sad music and cry? To which, Emma replied, "No." And then then the next scene is this:
Emma, in her car, crying hysterically, singing to " All By Myself" blaring in the background. Talk about catharsis. This scene really made me laugh real hard.

The show is just reeking with a lot of HD~ hidden desires. Emma has HD for Mr. Schu. Coach Ken has (not so hidden) HD for Emma. And Rachel has HD for Finn.

Omigosh, can I just say that this picture just breaks my heart?

Since joining glee club is considered as social suicide, Rachel has this idea to coax students to join. After a racy performance of "Push It" during general assembly, Quinn, (Finn's girlfriend, cheerleader and president of the Celibacy Club) is somehow threatened by Rachel and decides to join glee club.

My favorite performance from last night's episode:


Ooooh, I can't wait for the next episode...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails