Monday, August 17, 2009

Pick Flick: And I Love You So

Honestly, I wasn't so keen on watching this movie for 3 reasons:
1. Bea Alonzo
2. Sam Milby
3. I am beginning to hate movies/tv series that get their titles from songs.
But when Armida asked me what movie I would like to watch, I asked her to pick which movie. The choices were between G.I. Joe and And I Love You So. But she already watched the former, so that pretty much left us with the Bea-Sam drama.

I was very skeptical of this movie although it is a Star Cinema production because of the three aforementioned reasons. And they were, like, shamelessly promoting their "love scene." After seeing the Piolo-Angel love scene in Love Me Again (yet another song-based movie title), I think I'd rather pass. I don't want to waste another 2 precious hours of my life. But since it's Armida's treat, what the heck... And I learned that going into a cinema without any expectations could be very advantageous. Turned out the movie was good and it wasn't a waste of time. Although it was a little bit reminiscent of P.S. I Love You (the Hillary Swank movie, not the Sharon-Gabby one).

Derek Ramsay is such an eye candy. In the event that the story isn't that good, I'd say Derek Ramsay is reason enough to sit through the first 20 minutes.

Remember, no one is perfect. If you're perfect, goof off now or you're going to get killed soon. Oliver (Derek Ramsay) is guapo, nice, responsible, sweet, etc. etc. but he dies at a very young age of 24. Life isn't fair. Kill the irresponsible, ugly ones who thin they're God's gift to women first.

In fairness, Bea Alonzo looked good in two-piece swimsuits here. Surprising for someone who's usually pudgy-looking. Hey, I'm not one to judge here but I'm just telling the truth. Anyway, I am actually applauding her for losing the extra weight and think that she should maintain such. She looks sooo much better leaner.

There was this time when she was v. problematic with regard to her finances. Hello!?! Ibenta niya kaya yung 2 Chanel bags niya. D'oh.

I can't help but notice Bea Alonzo's resemblance to Anne Curtis.

They made Bea wear flats all the time. Tall girl, short boys.

Coney Reyes makes a comeback. I miss Coney Reyes. I watched Coney Reyes on Camera religiously when I was a kid.

♥ Towards the end of the movie, the Sam Milby's character says: I waited for you for a long time and it was so worth it. I love you. And Armida was like, "Eh, nasaan yung so?" Haha. Tama nga naman.

Aside from the uber-cheesy lines that can make one cringe, it's a good watch. P170 is still a hefty price to pay for a movie but I think that's the going rate nowadays. I swear they're giving people more reasons to buy pirated DVDs. But in this case, since it's a locally-produced movie, just think that we're helping the local movie industry. Watched it twice- in Shangri-La and Eastwood. Both cinemas were packed. Just goes to show that if it's a nice one, people do watch.

1 comment:

single lady said...

hi!si kris at si boy abunda nga gandang ganda sa movie...hehehehhe! excited na rin akong manuod...

Related Posts with Thumbnails