Thursday, May 14, 2009

GG S02 E23: Valley Girls

Love this week's episode. Now, GG has to wow me on next week's season finale. I should know better than to have high expectations but I really think and expect GG will kill it next week. I hope they won't disappoint.

♥ First and foremost, Andrew McCarthy guest starred on this episode.

Well, I didn't know it was Andrew McCarthy until I saw his name on the screen and figured out that it was him playing Lily's dad. I crush Andrew McCarthy and still think that he looks cute given his age.


But he's much much cuter way back then...

It's just so surreal to think that growing up does happen. Well, yeah, from the point of view of a person with Peter Pan complex, como yo, it's quasi-hard to accept that we all have to grow up and be adults eventually. So even if I didn't belong to the generation of McCarthy and Molly Ringwald, it still is scary to see that they who once played as teenagers are now playing the roles of parents.

Going back to GG...

Just a thought... did Lily like Rufus because his speaking voice is similar to her father's?

♥ How Hollywood do their casting is just really amazing. I mean, the younger Cece is just like the old Cece, mannerisms and all. And Lily... I didn't know she used to be high-pitched... well, who knew, right? Hehe.

They're thinking of a GG spin-off about Lily Rhodes's rebellious teenage years. I'm not sure if I'll buy that. I think flashbacks would suffice.

♥ Whatever, Lily and Rufus! It's either you do or you don't. Get together, I mean. Rufus said it, even after 20 years he still doesn't know what to make of their relationship. Hindi ba nakakapagod 'yun? These people sure know how to torture themselves.

♥ This boy from the valley reminds me of Dan Humphrey... riiiight???

The way he juts his lips, I swear I thought he was the young Rufus Humphrey but I think that the young Rufus Humhprey's would look way better than this guy. Dan Humphrey didn't get his father's good-looks, obviously.

♥ I bet Dan + Serena is happening next season.

And I totally agree with NY Magazine on this one:
Serena didn't know she was going to be arrested before today. So she clearly would have had a prom dress already. Minus only 2, because at least Lil J's creation managed to do the near impossible - tame Serena's boobs.
♥ I never really liked Blair and Chuck's pairing until the moment I realized that what they have could be true and not just a game, as how it started. Although I still think that Nate is waaaay hotter than Chuck Bass, he made me swoon with giddyness on this one.

How sweet it is of Chuck to want to make Blair happy even if he wasn't part of that happiness? Technically, he is part of it and is actually the perpetrator who made sure Blair would get her happily-ever-after.

But you get what I mean, haay... altruistic love.

Finally, Blair decides.

I love her and her witty repartee and am glad that she has made up her mind. It's no surprise to me than she would end up with Chuck Bass in the finale... thanks to spoilers. But we all knew that the storyline would, sooner or later, go into that direction. Chuck+Blair makes me more kilig than Nate+Blair.

Dear GG season finale,

PLEASE DO NOT DISAPPOINT.

Love,
Me

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails