Sunday, February 1, 2009

ociosera

I woke up today thinking it was Friday. Mali. Saturday na pala. At may class ako.

As usual, I was late for my 9am class. I know I must come to class on time most especially that we learn a lot in class nowadays. Plus, I miss a lot when I come in late. Around 9-ish, I was at the LRT- Pureza station, Jaime called asking where I am. Apparently, our seatwork last meeting was with me so they couldn't start without me. Pressure.

In class, I was asked to translate a poem~ IMPROMPTU, ORALLY! Schiiit. I was not prepared for that. AT. ALL. I was struggling to find the right words. In Spanish. Medyo lang my Spanish vocabulary is so basic, 'no!?! How the hell would I know how to translate this:

THE DAY IS GONE
The day is gone, and all its sweets are gone!
sweet voice, sweet lips, soft hand and softer breast,
warm breath, ligh whisper, tender and semi-tone,
bright eyes, accomplish'd shape, and lang'rous waist!
Fadet the flower and all its budded charms,
faded the sight of beauty from my eyes,
faded the shape of beauty from my armsm
faded the voice, warmth, whiteness, paradise --
vanished unseasonably at shut of eve,
when the dusk holiday - or holinight
of fragrant-curtain'd love begins to weave
the woof of darkness thick, for hid delight;
but, as I've read love's missal through to-day,
he'll let me sleep, seeing I fast and pray.

Medyo lang diba. I think she chose me on purpose since she noticed I wasn't really paying attention. Instead, I was doodling on my notebook. [Note to self: next saturday, no doodling. Araso?] But my redeeming moment was when I knew how to translate "dusk holiday" into Spanish. Crepusculo. How in the world would I not know that when it is spanish for Twilight.

After class, I met with Jo and Juno for lunch. Where else but in Wai Ying, the place to be. We had our fix of Lemon Chicken, hakao, pork siomai, radish cake and shark's fin. We also ordered hot salad. Jo ordered Honey Baked Ribs. She can't have Lemon Chicken. According to her doctor, she can't eat chicken and beef within 45 days after her operation.

We were seated near the entrance so people walking in see our table on their into the dimsum place. Almost everyone who was passing by our table were stared in disbelief at how much food there was on our table. Naiisip siguro nila ang takaw namin.

After lunch, we had coffee while talking about anything and everything under the sun. And the moon. And the stars. Basta lahat. Name it, we have talked about it. Maybe. Hehe.

Parting is such sweet sorrow. Jo had to go ahead. She and her family have some family get-together to attend, leaving Juno and me. Juno had no choice. Bwahahaha. I love to torment her endlessly about my obsessions and... obsessions. We stayed there a bit, showed her the diagram I made and torment her again about my current obsession. Then we headed home. When I arrived home, I called her at home and tormented her again about my obsession. Na-realize ko... ang kulit ko. Ganun ako ka-obsessed sa tumblr ;)

I have yet to upload and post my pictures for Days 6 and 7 of Project 365. I might be able to post it Monday morning instead. It's 1:34 am already and I'm tooooo lazy and sleepy to transfer and/or upload anything. I'm just excited for tomorrow (which, technically, is now) since I would be treating everyone to lunch at Thai Pad. Tom yum, here I come!

sleep. sleep. sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wahhh!! :(( wala bang repeat to? yung kasama naman ako? cge na? picture-an ko kayo... hehehe :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails