Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Marley and Me

LOVE LOVE LOVE Marley and Me!

I started watching this movie (on video streaming) without any expectations at all. I almost did not watch it because Jennifer Aniston annoys me (with all the John Mayer sh*t). But I got curious about this movie when 1) my cousin posted as her Facebook profile, "**** new favorite movie is Marley and Me," and 2) it was the #1 movie in the US for quite some time amongst other good movies with equally stellar cast.

I love this movie! It is very entertaining and funny although the ending's sad. But all good things must come to an end, right? Good thing I didn't watch it in the cinemas or else I wouldn't be able to cry my eyes out. I was sobbing right from the time Marley displayed signs of weakness/sickness up until the end of the movie. And to think I don't even consider myself attached to our dog.

Marley reminded me of Sunday (Sandee to househelps). Sunday's as lovable, adorable and sweet as Marley. There was this scene when Grogan said that they feel this dog is not your regular dog, as if he's a person... that's exactly what we feel about Sunday. I love big, non-fluffy dogs. Somewhat, they seem sweeter than those rat-sized toy dogs. Maybe dogs are really meant to wreak havoc in their persons' lives. But dogs also have this way of making you feel loved so even if their piss smells terrible and they poop just anywhere, you still love them in return. But I still don't consider myself as a dog person. I am a Sunday-person. I don't care about other people's dogs.

I agree with John Grogan when he said:
"A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog judges others not by their color or creed or class but by who they are inside. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his. It was really quite simple, and yet we humans, so much wiser and more sophisticated, have always had trouble figuring out what really counts and what does not. As I wrote that farewell column to Marley, I realized it was all right there in front of us, if only we opened our eyes. Sometimes it took a dog with bad breath, worse manners, and pure intentions to help us see."

Dear Sunday,
I promise to walk you, as much as possible, every night.
I love you, Sunday!

xoxo

ps. let's get you a pooper-scooper...




"How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wala pa maganda quality nito for download noh?

Related Posts with Thumbnails