Wednesday, September 3, 2008

summer, kind of wonderful

After a gazillion light years, the Gossip Girl torrent has finally downloaded completely. Is it just me or this episode was really a little boring? None of those big opening act drama, being the first episode of season 2 and all. I was expecting more. Haay nako, me and my expectations.

Even after a whole season of watching GG, it still hasn't sunk into my brain that these kids are supposed to be in high school. While watching this episode, I was wondering whether or not what was happening was fictional or really happens in real American lives. I can't believe they're 17-year-olds! When I was 17, my classmates and I would still play Langit Lupa during lunchtime.

This has got to be my favorite scene in this episode. Not for anything else but the scenery. I'm not a fan of the Chuck and Blair tandem (or Chair, as other GG fans would like to call them-- stupid name compounding). Mare, ang gulo talaga ni Chuck, eh. Maybe if Chuck stayed true to that he'll love Blair and be loyal to her as what he said during the very last episode of s1, I could've been a fan of the tandem. But no, he had to live up to his reputation.

At the beginning, I was starting to get annoyed at Dan Humphrey. Yes, the Dan Humphrey I used to adore. Haha. Na-feeling-an ako sa kanya since he was dating girls left and right, as if he hadn't just broken up with his girlfriend recently. I was sort of relieved when he said that he was doing it to distract him from the recurring thoughts of Serena. But Dan succumbed to his feelings and went to the Hamptons to see Serena. Cece answered the door. I thought Cece would shoo Dan away like she did last season, but surprisingly, she did not. Instead, she lent Dan a white ensemble so he could go to the White Party. Happy ending na sana but...

BUSTED
he came just in time to see Nate and Serena kissing. Although it was only an act to make Nate's azucar de mama jealous. In the end, Serena and Dan reconciled and so we will have a 2nd season full of Dan and Serena PDA-galore moments. That's another thing I hated in this episode, puro halikan. If you combine all the kissing scenes, if must have taken up 10 minutes of the an episode's 40-minute run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lola, dapat meron alert naman ung blog mo, like ***SPOILER ALERT****!!!
buti na lang katatapos ko lang mapanuod ehehehhe!
enjoy pa rin ako unlike ikaw :p

Related Posts with Thumbnails