Monday, August 11, 2008

weekend blast

Last weekend was nice. Saturday~ AB and I ate lunch at Pizza Hut, watched AVSL then had ice cream at Dairy Queen. What a way to spend a Saturday afternoon~ muy perezoso y llena de comida. Sunday~ we went with our weekly family lunch. We ate at Max's in St. Lucy. There were only four of us since AD was in a retreat and Bokya preferred to be with his boyfriend's family. After lunch, accompanied AB to her friend's son's birthday and after that headed to Gateway for AC's fix of masahe (ng bulag, kelangan sa bulag talaga). Mocha frap heaven. And then spent 2 hours inside National Bookstore.

Lakwatsa. Kain. Lakwatsa. Kain. Perfect way to spend your weekend, right?

Last Saturday, on my way to Gateway... aboard the LRT Purple Line, there were 2 CEU (it says so on their shirt) girls were sitting beside me. Wala namang problema. Until one of them brought out her cellphone and then it started playing hiphop tunes... loudly, for everyone to hear. I mean, no one wants to hear what they're listening to. Don't they have earphones? Por favor! How inconsiderate of them to do that. I was really really tempted to 1) ask her if she doesn't have earphones; 2) tell her, 'Miss, ang ingay ng telepono mo;' 3) leave her a note saying 'hindi lahat ng tao gusto pakinggan ang music mo;' 4) remove my earphones and have my sounds compete with hers. I was really really really tempted to do #4. As in. Good thing I arrived in my destination station already.

Watched AVSL for the second time. AB's treat. She hasn't watched it yet while I was willing to watch it again. I want another serving of those baduy and kilig fest. Ano ba? Kanya-kanya lang, walang pakialamanan. AB didn't like it. She said it was a fan movie. Does that mean I'm a fan? Parang hindi naman. Slight lang. Haha. I just find John Lloyd cute. But AB said abot-kaya naman si John Lloyd, meaning he looks regular. If John Lloyd looks regular, kawawa naman yung iba. Anyway...

While exploring the books in National Bookstore, I found this book of Would you rather's. Super funny. The book is filled with questions that makes you choose between two choices that are equally just as awful. But my favorite was:
Would you rather have Parmesan cheese dandruff
or
bubble-wrap acne?
So what would you rather have?

Another one was
Would you rather name your children after the size of drinks at Starbucks or robots in movies? In this question, a factor to consider was what if Grande grows taller than Venti. Now there's a dilemma.

Funny, diba?

Another thing... my sisters are encouraging me to get a 9 to 5 job. I need a more stable source of income and try other things while I'm still at the "prime of my life." I want to. But I don't know if I can. I don't know if I have what it takes to work in a company wherein I don't have my sister as my boss or me as my boss. I want to try it but my fear of the unknown and aversion to formalities is getting the best of me. While my sisters were bombarding me with pangaral and questions of what I want to do with my life, I was secretly asking God for a sign~ whether I should work a 9 to 5 job or take my business seriously. When I arrived home, turned the PC on and logged on into my email account, I received a private message from a batchmate asking me if I'm interested in applying for a vacancy in their company. Timing! So I'm thinking maybe this was the sign I was asking from God. Maybe it is and so I'm willing to give it a try. Although I'm also having second thoughts since I am not very confident with my Spanish. Ipapasa-Diyos ko na lang. Try ko lang.

Also... I'm happy that I have an order for a wedding on October. Nothing's final yet but I'm hoping na maging okay.

And last but def not the least... I discovered this new series The Secret Life of the American Teenager. I love it! A little shocking for me and my so-called principles. The series is mainly about 15-year old Amy Juergens getting pregnant for experimenting with Ricky (school's bad boy) while at band camp and they're not even in a relationship. Entertaining. But a little disturbing at how young people nowadays are so open to sex and stuff. I mean, at 15 years old... you should be worrying about prom and not about babies. I'm just saying...
Nevertheless I still love and enjoy watching this show. It's only on its first season and I've watched only until its 6th episode (it's only on it's 6th episode). In the absence of GG and Chuck, I've found another time-waster. New episode airs on Tuesday night (Wednesday morning for me) ;)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails