Tuesday, August 26, 2008

like a flowing river excerpts

After a hundred light years, I'm finished with Paulo Coelho's Like a Flowing River. I'm a little ADD so it really takes me long a time to finish one book but I was able to finish this book faster than my normal pace since it's filled with nice and inspiring stories.

There were lots of words of wisdom from Coelho. His words somehow enlightened me on some of the issues I am facing. Here are a few of them:

"Sometimes, we are so attached to our way of life that we turn down a wonderful opportunity simply because we don't know what to do with it."

"We struggle for our dreams, but we must also know that, when certain paths prove impossible, it would be best to save our energies in order to travel other roads."

"... the greatness of Gos always reveals itself in the simple things."

"... each of us have our own personal legend to fulfill, and that is all. It doesn't matter if other people support us or criticize us, or ignore us, put us up with us -- we are doing it because that is our destiny on this earth, and the fount of all joy."

"Elegance is achieved when all the superfluous things have been discarded and the human being discovers simplicity and concentration. The simpler and more sober the posture, the more beautiful it will be."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails