Monday, July 7, 2008

que hicé la semana pasada

Thai massage, anyone?

Last Friday, I attended this one-day crash course on Thai massage. I now know how to stretch and press people thin. Haha. According to the resource person, Thai massage is yoga done by two persons. And as it is yoga it is considered as exercise, passive exercise that is (if you're the one getting the massage).

I was lucky since there were only three students who enrolled for the course. Consequently, what was originally a 2-day course was reduced to one and the teacher could focus on us. Bongga, diba? The other girl and I took turns doing the massage on each other. I swear if I didn't pay for it I would volunteer to be the model the entire day. But I did pay for it and so I had to learn everything step by step. I can do Thai massage.. uhh, that is if I can remember how to do it. I still need to do some refreshing since I can barely remember how the entire process goes. As of the moment, I can only remember snippets of the whole thing... the more complex the step, the more I can remember it. Don't you think it's weird that the easy ones were what I forgot first?

La mierda

in the Tagalog context...

Went to Trinoma after the day-long course. I hung out with the girls I had classes with- a doctor who operates a salon in Bulacan and her masseuse-in-training. We waited for our instructor and his instructional cd. Since it's pricey, I suggested to Doctora that we buy one copy and have it copied instead. But to my disappointment, they don't "burn" in Trinoma. Bummer. I kinda need it for incidences like * right now * that I am having a difficulty on how the whole process goes. But Doctora promised that she'll burn me a copy and will text me whenever she'll be in Trinoma so I could pick up my copy. I hope she does keep her promise.

Doctora, Maricel and I hung out at McDonald's while waiting for the instructor. Outside was a free Martin Nievera mini-concert and a cd-signing after. Not really a Martin Nievera fan, so after a while I told Doctora I'll go ahead already. I was thinking of reaching Megamall by 7pm so I could watch a movie.

Incredible Line

I love the MRT. It saves lives from horrendous traffic. Haha. Pero totoo. As I was looking on the traffic down below from my seat in the MRT, I really thanked God for the MRT since I didn't have to be down there on a dreadful bus ride that could take hours. The MRT ride took a little less than 20 minutes going to Megamall, just in time for the Incredible Hulk movie... well, almost. There was an incredibly looong line... so I was 15 minutes late for the movie.

Liked the movie. Enjoyed it. Although I still think that Transformers is better and has more action. With Hulk, the action was concentrated on the latter part of the movie. I was expecting a lot of chases and fights but there was only one big action scene :(

I'm not sure but I think there will be a collaboration between Iron Man and the Hulk on the next installment.

Still haven't seen Iron Man :(
I'm thinking of watching Hancock on Saturday :)

Clase de Español

...not clase en español

Spanish class has been really, really enjoyable. I love it that every meeting, we get to learn loads of new things. In other words, we get our money's worth. If only he was our teacher in the lower levels, we would have been experts on the language by now.

Right now, we're focusing on the use of prepositions. Who knew learning prepositions could be difficult and confusing? I always get the use of para and por mixed up since basically, in my dictionary, they pretty much mean the same thing. But in the Spanish dictionary, they don't... so I have to study study study.

Sunday is Family Day

I don't know where my mommy got the idea from but I have a feeling that she got it from her ka-legions. One Sunday, she just had this idea that one of her daughters should treat her to lunch or merienda. So now, every Sunday one of us has to treat the whole family out to lunch. I like the idea. I just don't like it when she injects drama every once in a while.

It's my turn next, next week and I'm taking them to Wai Ying.

Random Thoughts (of other people)
Because I'm not too bright to have my own random thoughts...

My Spanish prof said that Filipinos don't know how to hold rallies and pickets. Of course there were violent reactions from everyone in the class. Tayo? Hindi marunong mag-rally? E halos araw-araw may nagra-rally dito at naka EDSA 3 na tayo. But then he pointed out to us that our rallies don't yield results because we don't know how to do them.

For example, on jeepney rallies... not a single jeepney should be out on service. But not all jeepneys participate so they don't get the result they want. The purpose of a public transportation rally is to fully paralyze the public transportation system. It's either they we just don't get it or we aren't united as one nation. I think it's the latter. In a country where the prevailing theory is survival of the fittest, everyone's just after his /her own ass. Kanya-kanya. Ganun.

And with regard to the issue of skyrocketing fuel prices... we just have to grin and bear it. There's nothing we can do. The Arabs have the oligopoly of the fuel industry and no matter how we complain, they won't budge. The fuel supply is dwindling and they have to make big profit of what's left.

As to the idea of having cars running on water... it sounds perfect since water is highly available and cheap. But what happens when water all of a sudden becomes that much of a valuable commodity such as fuel? Some (greedy) people might take advantage and control such. As water is a basic need of all people, we can't have those greedy people capitalizing on it, right? I dunno... the idea is highly plausible.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails