Monday, March 24, 2008

when bad things happen to good people

Being someone who doesn't have much assets, I jokingly tell my sisters that when I die the only thing I could leave them is my collection of Savage Garden cds, recorded interviews, and magazine clippings. And now there is an addition to that heap of treasures... my molar.

To date, my biggest splurge isn't a cellphone nor a gadget nor a travel somewhere... it is a frickin' root canal!

B-U-M-M-E-R!

I should've gotten that root canal 4 years ago when it was originally scheduled to be done. It could've cost less expensive. Right after I had the impacted molar removed, I should have let the dentist drill my dental nerves. And now all I can do is... mukmok to death. I could've gone to Bangkok on promo fare and back with shopping money pa with the money spent! Sheet.

After finding out how much the damage was, I was dumbfounded. Talagang natutulala ako... I can't bloody believe how I can spend so much money on one tooth! If only I had taken care of my teeth (which I actually do that's why I'm still baffled as to why something like this would happen... but I guess sometimes bad things happen to good people... as if!), I could have spent it on:
* 4-year Teen Vogue subscription, or
* levels 19, 20, 21 and 22 of Spanish, or
* a new cellphone! or
* the entire set of the Gossip Girl book series, or

* a whole new wardrobe, or

* an ipod

Shoot... the list just goes on and on and on... I can think of a lot things, more important things, I could have spent the money on. Sabi ko nga, charge it to experience. Sabi ng ate ko, "charge it sa ngipin mo!"

Oh well... If can't a guy who's uber-rich, at least I hope he's a dentist.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails