Wednesday, July 30, 2008

i like cheese

I took Manang out to watch A Very Special Love this afternoon. I don't know who was more excited, si manang o ako. Haha. I don't deny that I like Star Cinema-produced romantic comedies, but I don't announce it to the world naman (but I think I just did).I liked the movie. So. Much. I was in giddy-mode almost the entire duration of the movie. Yes, I am cheesy and baduy like that. Romantic comedy is definitely Sarah Geronimo's genre. I've seen her past telenovelas and thought that she's not a good actress, not bad but not good either. So I didn't expect much from this one. But guess this one's a pleasant surprise and it made my day. 5 hours after the movie, I still can't wipe this stupid smile off my face ;) I just have to say that John Lloyd looked really guapo in this movie. But what's with the sockless get-up? I just don't get it and it doesn't work for me.

The movie was oozing with cheesiness and all those baduy lines typical of a romantic comedy. It definitely is a feel good movie. Actually, if I was not in a hurry to get home I'm up for a second round. I would want feel good again. And should someone ask me to watch this again, I would... even if I would have to pay again. Support the local movie industry, right?

I liked Sarah Geronimo's wedges in this movie, especially the green one she wore in the scene where John Lloyd took her to his mother's grave. Wala lang. Oh and before I forget... was Sarah wearing a wig? Cos her hair looked stiff and unnatural. And if she was wearing a wig, what's with ABS-CBN/Star Cinema and wigs? Does ABS-CBN own a wig company? I can't help but notice kasi.

Again, this is a good watch. Not award-winning, but definitely worth my P110. Sarah should make more of these movies and steer clear of hard-core dramas. And as for John Lloyd, guapo siya talaga.

2 comments:

single lady said...

talaga? manunuod din ako.... nakakaiyak ba?

smitten kitten said...

hindi siya nakakaiyak eh. tama ka na nga manang sa mga iyak-iyak na yan..

Related Posts with Thumbnails