Tuesday, April 15, 2008

10,000 BC

After filing my ITR at the mall (good thing the BIR has set up satellite branches at the mall), I decided to watch a flick. I was choosing among these three: Horton Hears a Who, Nim's Island and 10,000 BC.

10,000 BC won.

And so I purchased a ticket and went in. I was the first person to enter the cinema and so I got to pick the best seat. I settled into my seat, took out my burger and opened my Mirinda and waited for the movie to start.

The movie was filled with narration. It somehow reminded me of a documentary on Discovery Channel. I also thought it was a pre-historic version of 300 (minus the man-boobs). It was a little dragging that I was quite surprised that I didn't fell asleep. Buti na rin kasi sayang naman ang P120. Camilla Belle was still a belle albeit she was muddied and dirty. Tic'Tic (Cliff Curtis) looked like Adnan Ghalib. And Affif Ben Badra, the warlord, really looked scary. All in all, I wouldn't say that I wasted my money on such a movie but I still wish I had seen Nim's Island instead. But who knows, if I watched Nim's Island I could have said "I should have watched 10,000 BC instead." Anyway, this movie is still so much better than the zombie movies Armida and I have seen. And It's also way better than 300.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails