Monday, February 4, 2008

Last Friday, I was thinking of how nice it would be to meet with friends on a Friday night and watch movies or have coffee or something- just like what we did Friday nights back in college. After classes, we would stay for an hour or so, have a burger at KFC or just hang out at the Octo Garden and talk about the week that had just passed. I missed that. Now that I'm all cooped up inside the house by myself almost everyday, I'm kinda missing the times when I always had someone to talk to.

Anyway, the thing is I was thinking about that up until Saturday. I guess I was channeling the secret since at around 5pm, Crissa texted me and asked if I wanted to watch Rambo with her. I was hesitant at first since it is kinda late and I've just arrived at the plaza to do my manning duties and I'm kind of in the brink of moving my lazy ass off the chair. Good thing I decided to go. I had a great time with Crissa. She treated me to dinner and I paid for movie. Surprisingly, Rambo was okay. Armida and I have watched far worse movies than Rambo. The movie could have gotten funny at some point and Stallone's face isn't really a pleasant thing to look at. The entire consisted of an hour and a half of body parts flinging everywhere and going splat on the screen. Gory. Crissa actually felt sorry that she dragged me into watching Rambo with her when the type of movies I want to watch are the likes of 27 Dresses (which I'm going to see this afternoon, by myself).

After movie, Crissa and I went to Powerbooks so she could use the gift certificate her student got her. Originally, I wasn't planning on buying anything but since it was 20% off on everything, I decided to get the second Gossip Girl book. Crissa said she could share her GC with me and so I ended up getting the book for free.

Speaking of books, I have a number of books in line but it's taking me ages to finish this book I am currently reading. As much as I would like to get into reading one book per week, there are a lot of distractions such as this internet, TV and a hundred other things.

Okay, new topic. I'm watching Felicity right now although I'm not really watching since I'm doing this. So I keep on rewinding to go back on the scenes I didn't get. Just like with season 1, I'm hooked on season 2. I slept at 3am last night (or morning) because I can't help but watch it one episode after another. I just realized that I'm kind of annoyed at Felicity not just because she's indecisive but that she's also kind of... I don't know... slutty? She must have had 4 boyfriends in a span of 2 years! I don't know.. maybe things are really like that over there. Another factor why I'm addicted to Felicity is the character Noel. It seems that I have this huge propensity to gravitate towards boys who wear flannel shirts. (Of course, I'm talking about my boys in the tv series I watch. Nothing about real-life.) Just like Dan Humphrey, right? Haaay...



Some quotes from Sally Reardon, the woman to whom Felicity sends those audio tapes to.

The hardest part about moving forward is not looking back.

I guess when your heart gets broken, you sort of start to see the cracks in everything. I'm convinced that tragedy wants to harden us, and that our mission is to never let it.


I guess I'm learning, little by little, that we decide what our lives are going to be. Things happen to us, but it is our reactions that matter.

I've become a real believer in not defining every single thing. Seems like everytime you think you've figured out what something is, it just becomes something else.

You can't know who that person is, the person who will become your ultimate confidant, your soul mate, or your lover.

Love is complicated -- full of sacrifice and compromise. But maybe that’s the best part.

Maybe getting over someone you’re in love with isn’t impossible. Unless, maybe you don’t actually get over it. Maybe you just learn to live with it.

Sometimes bad things just happen -- no reason, no purpose. They just occur and we're left to pick up the pieces the best we can.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails