Monday, February 25, 2008

Hopeful.

Juno, Ycel and I watched Vantage Point last Saturday at Gateway. Ycel pointed out that that was the first time that we watched movie or did anything in another mall other than Robinsons Ermita. Going to Gateway has its own share of pros and cons. Number one pro is the cinemas! Robinsons Ermita charges P130 for a movie while Gateway charges P141. And the disparity between the two cinemas is soooo huge! RP cinemas smell like your lola's baul and cinema seats aren't comfortable. While Gateway cinemas smell like popcorn and seats are cushiony-soft. But what I like about RP is its hugeness, most especially now that they have opened their new wing. In Gateway, you can finish going around the mall in mere minutes! So after the movie, we must have went around the mall at least four times... walang magawang iba. Ycel treated us to lunch since it is her birthday today... Happy Birhday Lola! Maraming salamat sa pakain. Hehe.

And now about the movie... Vantage Point.
Ever since I saw the movie's trailer, I already wanted to watch it. I originally planned to watch the movie alone like what I did with 27 Dresses. Good thing was instead of watching it alone, I got to watch it with my friends.

The movie was good. I enjoyed it but it left Ycel obsessing about the movie and its inconsistencies. Perosnally, I think the movie could have been better had they done without the "rewinding" effect. Medyo makulit kasi. Juno even joked that they were going to show what happened from different vantage points of all the people in the plaza. Parusa... I also kind of predicted the twist. Masakit lang tanggapin na si Matthew Fox ang traidor... gwapo pa naman. What I also liked about it was that it was set in Spain. And I still have to read the subtitles... pathetic, for someone who's supposed to be in nivel 18 of the spanish language course.

***

After our movie date, I had to go to Shangri-La Mall to watch the Wadaiko Drums of Japan. It was good but it was also boring. As in towards the end of the event, my eyelids were getting heavier. When the event ended, we thought we would be able to go home and sleep but there were some change of plans and we ended up spending 3 more hours...

Waiting for our sister to finish doing what she had to do, we hung out at Starbucks and had coffee. But coffee doesn't actually make me any less sleepier. We must have waited for an hour and half at Starbucks when my cousin asked if we could go somewhere where he could have some beer. The nearest bar in the area is Watering Hole. Turned out a show band will be performing that night. If the P100 entrance fee wasn't consummable, I'd say give back our money. The band wasn't worth my hundred bucks. First, they weren't presentable. The lead male singer looks like the Nathaniel character of the movie Enchanted. The lead female singer looked like Geneva Cruz but way, way worse. She was wearing band-aid mico-mini skirt and the female back-up was wearing uber short-shorts... okay na sana only they weren't toned enough to get away with it. Oh please... cellulite-galore! I know I ain't perfect... I have cellulites, stretch marks, etc, but I don't go wearing short skirts and shorts for all the world to see.

So medyo na-entertain naman kami. Haha!

***

Napasubo ako...

The Cooperación Prensa de Cadíz (I think..) is looking for their new becarios. My classmates and I signed up for it. And so we showed up today for the briefing chorva. Mierda! Hindi kinaya ng powers ko... Nanliit ako bigla. Nosebleed na the entire morning. As in, I couldn't absorb anything. I don't think I'm ready for anything like this and earlier today, I decided to back out. But James and Kosh goaded me to go on... kung hindi man matanggap, at least I tried and certificate din 'yun. Kosh said that it was my pride that was making me back out. She has a point. I think I withdrew from law school because of pride (among other things). So now I won't back out... but I'm so so so scared of this undertaking.

I just hope that I'll get through this alive... I just have to attend tomorrow until Friday and the culminating event will be on Saturday. Sana lang hindi ako panghinaan ng loob.. Aja Aja! Fighting!

And so I have to go now and do my assignment for tomorrow. I have to do this well or else nakakahiya...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails