Friday, December 28, 2007

Great Divi Adventure

Christmas and I went on a Great Divi Adventure yesterday, with matching kumunoy (quicksand) pa.

The plan was hatched the night before yesterday when former classmates invited us to a lunch date at Trinoma. And since I didn't know of any excuse to go on a lakwatsa again, I "squeezed" in a Divi trip before the schedule get-together, which is perfect since I really had to buy those stuff. I thought going to divi after the Christmas rush would be okay since everyone's supposedly done with their shopping, etc. Boy was I ever wrong! The great multitude had the same idea and so they too were there in divi, shopping for round fruits and firecrackers for New Year's. And to make matters worse, it just drizzled so the normally dirty and muddy streets of divi have turned into even dirtier and muddier puddles of mud! As in I was wearing sandals pa! Talino! I was even hit by this gigantic box on the head! As in masakit siya! But what do I expect? Divisoria's usually cramped and dirty and chaotic on ordinary times, what more during this season? I just feel sorry that I dragged Lola Xmas on this. Lo siento, abuela!

After breaking free from all the pushing and pulling, it's time for Wai Ying, the place to be. As we are already near the church, Lola Xmas and I decided to walk all the way to Wai Ying. But suddenly Mother Nature decided it's time for a shower. I don't have an umbrella with me and Christmas has this small one which is not even hers. And this made us decide to just take a pedicab going to our destination which is a good idea dahil malapit na maputol kamay ko sa bigat ng dala ko. Given the situation, taking a pedicab would be the best idea pero good lang siya kasi hindi linagay ni Manong Pedicab ang trapal niya! So my left leg was drenched and so was Christmas' right leg. Nagmistula kaming mga basang sisiw.. hmmm.. wrong animal ata. Haha! Basta, the redeeming factor na lang was the MSG-laden Chinese food. Yummy!

In spite of the "quicksand," the wild crowd, the rain and the heavy load I was toting around, I say it went well. Aside from being able to accomplish some errands, I was able to buy 2 dresses for myself- isang pangbinyag ko at isang pang-everyday dress. Both dresses were able to satisfy the only criterion- that I could wear it with tights. I was happy with my purchase only I think I was a little impulsive when I bought the white, lacy dress because it was too big and too short for me. It has yet to be altered to fit me nicely and not look like a table cloth on me. Pero happy na rin. Although I still want that white eyelet dress Blair wore on the Wild Brunch episode.

The lunch date was canceled for no apparent reason. Maybe they just didn't feel like going all of a sudden. Pero sobrang okay lang kasi tinamad na rin kami. Plus, putikan na kami! But Christmas and I still went to Trinoma for coffee. Siempre may kapihan naman sa Binondo, gusto lang talaga naming ikutin ang Maynila. The coffee was the final event of our Great Adventure. The journey home was a breeze since traffic's light and I didn't have to wait in line for hours to get home.

I got Happy Duck from Christmas and she got lip balm from me... AGAIN! Now, Happy Duck doesn't serve her original purpose which is to be a wrist rest. She is now happily working as a paper weight to keep my notebook's page from turning.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails