Sunday, November 25, 2007

Enchanted

I watched Enchanted yesterday with my sisters and cousins. I LOVE IT! It was so pretty.

Damsel-in-distress. Prince Charming. Wicked step-mother. A royal ball. Poisoned apples. Glass slippers. Midnight. And the presence of another prince charming.

A chop-suey story, Disney-style.

The movie was about a would-be cartoon princess, Giselle, who was banished to a world where, supposedly, there are no happily-ever-afters by her Prince Charming's wicked step-mother.

I grew up watching Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast and Aladdin and wished I were Ariel, Belle or Princess Jasmine. Ergo, I enjoyed this movie sooo much since it was very reminiscent of those Disney movies I've once watched and loved. There was singing and dancing and that poofy princess gown. Aside from bringing back memories from childhood, it was amusing as well.

The only thing that almost annoyed the hell out of me was that thing she does with her hands whenever she's talking. At first, it was okay but after a few minutes to the movie and she was doing it every frickin' time, she started to look like a retard.

Although I now don't believe that someone will sweep me off my feet and happily-ever-afters are almost non-existent, I still enjoy these types of movies. They don't require much thinking and you leave your seat with a smile on your face, without regretting that you just spent P120.

PS. My cousin cried at this movie. That just proved how neurotic she is.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails