Thursday, July 26, 2007

dental mental

Just got back from my dental appointment.

I'm trying to start this habit of going to the dentist twice a year instead of our family's usual practice of going to the dentist only when one already feels excruciating toothache. It's actually cheaper because by having regular dental appointments, you'd only have to shell out for the cleaning and should there be small cavities, it would be detected earlier and the surface to be filled in would be smaller. Especially nowadays... they already charge per surface 'pag magpapa-pasta! And some of my cavities that needs filling take up almost the entire tooth, making it 4 surfaces. And that's only a tooth.

I'm trying to keep that habit. Just so to avoid large dental bills. And I never would want to undergo yet again another tooth extraction. The one I had 5 years ago was so traumatizing that even if I know that it was THAT painful because the dentist wasn't a good one. Three years ago, I have had an impacted wisdom tooth taken out naman. They had to slice my gums open (gross na 'to), take my wisdom tooth and close it by stitching. But that didn't hurt. Maybe because the dentist was so good... the only pain I felt was when they injected me with the anesthesia. And I almost fell asleep during the whole procedure.

Ayun lang. By the way, I still keep that impacted tooth they took out of my gums. It was a relatively expensive procedure that I couldn't get to throw the tooth away...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails