Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Playing Tourist Guide

Played hooky from work yesterday. Actually, it wasn't really hooky-hooky since I asked permission from my father if I could accompany my cousin, Manang Marimi, to Baclaran Church. I played tourist guide/entertainer for her during the day but I wasn't a good guide since I, myself, didn't know how to get from one point to the other. We survived by asking a gazillion people for directions.

I met with Manang Marimi at the Taft Central Exchange Mall in Gil Puyat. It was my first time to enter the mall yesterday. It was Tutuban-ish, but I didn't really like the vibe inside. After a trip to the bathroom, which is surprisingly clean, and after purchasing a fuchsia pink case for my phone, we got in the LRT heading for Baclaran station.

It was my first time to get off at Baclaran station. We just followed all the arrows saying "Safest Way to Baclaran Redemptorist Church." So, there is an un-safe way? Hmmm... Actually, the "safest" way didn't seem safe to me. What more the "un-safe" way? That, I wouldn't want to find out.

I know I've been to Baclaran already since my mommy did her marketing days there when she still had a boutique. Maybe I was too young at that time to remember what Baclaran was like. Now, Baclaran is very similar to Divisora but seems like a much scarier place. It's dirrrty, just like Divisoria but dirrrtierrr. As in. And people there are much scarier.

But Baclaran church was a haven in the middle of chaos. It was a big, nice church. I tried kneeling down to pray but after a few seconds, opted to sit down instead because it was painful. The pews weren't padded and made of hard wood. My cousin said that I do it as a sacrifice to God but I know God would understand.

After Baclaran, we headed to Robinsons Place Ermita. Ahhh, RP. I have fond memories of RP. We used to spend R&R moments there back in college. We used to have sightings of our mascot there. We spent the remaining hours there just talking about anything, waiting for Ate Che. Ate Che treated us to Piadina. Then we brought Manang Marimi home.

I am wishing luck to Manang Marimi who is on her way to Saipan right now to take the NCLEX test for nurses.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails