Monday, July 12, 2021

Well Well Well

 Balon. Balon. Balon. 

Chos. 

Done with half of 2021. Still in lockdown. The government has been easing the quarantine classification but it's better to be on the safe side of things. Anyway, here's a rundown of what my first half of the year has been like~

The Highs

+ Celebrations! We celebrated Mom's, Dad's and AC's birthdays, J-Hope's & Suga's birthdays as well and of course, my first Army-versary πŸ’œ 

Like I've said before, in times like this you have to make your own ganap. You have to learn how to distract yourself. It's so easy to fall into the COVID news blackhole and imagine just all the worst-case scenarios that could happen. So I focus instead on the nice things in life we can still have or enjoy in this time of pandemic, like celebrating another year in our loved ones' lives, celebrating our favorite idol group's milestones and successes ☺

+ Vaccinated! Mom, Dad and I are already fully vaccinated, while the other members of our household have gotten their first dose already. Except for AC. She's waiting for the Moderna vaccine. We just hope that the Moderna vaccine arrives soon, or at least that she gets a better one than Sinovac which we all got. But anyway, there's less worry since most of us are vaccinated although we are still on our toes and still practicing our protocols inside and outside the house, albeit more relaxed already. The Delta variant is of concern since it's supposedly more virulent and more transmissible. 'Nakngtokwa nga naman. But still hoping that our vaccines will somehow give us some kind of protection from it. Fingers crossed na nga lang. At siempre, prayers pa rin. 

+ BTS Festa! Bilang Army, it is my duty and responsibility to take part in their 8th anniversary online muster event- legally. LOL. Last year it was my sister who paid for the Bangbangcon and since it seemed like she didn't have any intentions of paying for this year's event, I took it upon myself to shell out 2 kiaw plus plus for the concert. IT WAS WORTH IT! I enjoyed every minute of it. And I am happy that Taehyung/V is back to his old self. If you watch last year's Festa, he was SO different from the V from yesteryears at that time- he looked so forlorn- and it somehow bothered me and made me sad, too. So now that it seems that he's back to being the happy and makulit V that we love ♥ I just hope that he's genuinely happy and not just putting up a front. 

+ Last May's Lunar Eclipse. I am a selenophile πŸŒ™ and even pre-pandemic, I would often look up to the sky- at the moon, the stars. I got a mobile phone zoom lens for taking photos of the moon and I am in love. Last May was the first time I was able to take a photo of an eclipse "up close."


Ang ganda ganda ganda, diba? The first few minutes of the eclipse, when the moon was still red, my takes were a bit hazy. I don't know if there was a problem with the focus or sadyang epekto siya nung eclipse. After a while, it became super cloudy which made taking photos of the eclipse impossible. At dahil zero visibility because of the clouds, we decided to eat dinner first. After dinner, the moon has shown itself again but it's not red anymore, but still

ANG GANDA 😍
Again, I'm happy with this gadget of mine cos it enabled me to take wonderful photos of the moon. 

+ I've watched quite a few dramas already. As of date, I already finished ten dramas, one drama on hold and am currently watching five. BUT my favorite of all of them is *drum roll* Imitation. It was actually a serendipitous find and I will explain that in a different post when I'm done with it already. It only has 12 episodes and this weekend is already the tenth one. Can't wait to reach the last episode but at the same time dreading it, too- drama finales will always be bittersweet. 

+ After several attempts in a span of eight years, I finally started tracking my cash flow and made my own cash flow spreadsheet. Huzzah! I started last March and I'm still at it until now. It's easier now since I'm always home and it's easier to write it down immediately after plus there are fewer expenses. It's an eye-opener, actually. I think dati I didn't really want to know how much I'm spending, that I'd rather be kept in the dark LOL. But now, I finally see the light haha! I hope when things are okay and back to normal, I can still do this religiously. Now I know where my money goes and also it's easy to control my spending- mostly business supplies and food. 

The Lows

- I lost a friend. Before the Sowoozoo event, I received a message from a common friend that our dear friend Joji had passed. Hindi ako makapaniwala. I last messaged Joj last May 4 and she didn't mention anything about having another operation. I thought all's well. Tapos I received that news last June 14. Until now I still can't believe it. Hindi pa rin mag-sink in. I miss Joji. I pray that she's already in paradise- no more pain, no more cancer πŸ’—

- Business is operating at a loss. Because I'm closely monitoring my expenses, I know for a fact that the business isn't doing good. At face value it looks as if it's doing good, but when I tally the revenues versus expenses, waley. I just hope and pray that sales will be better this second half of the year. And hopefully Christmas would be more stellar this 2021. 

So that's pretty much it. Uneventful pa rin naman ang bagay-bagay overall but I'm just grateful that I'm surviving. 

God provides. 

I'll just make another post for the Kdramas I finished this first half of 2021. Marami-rami na rin yun. 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails