Monday, April 6, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge: Since You've Been Gone

It took me a while to finish the book because of, you know, real world stuff. I've been busy with the NS relocation among other grown-up things that it took me two weeks to finish this- absolutely not an indication that the book sucked because it totally rocked my socks, dude!

...And we have Frank to thank for that. It's been a while since I've encountered swoonable fictional boyfriends and now here's one when I was totally not expecting him. He's every bit a gentleman- nice, proper and smart! But honestly, Frank had me at the mention of his 'abs.' Yuuuh, I'm an ahjumma like dut.

Plus, I also liked Emily. She's not as angsty like most of YA heroines and what she felt at the start when she found out her best friend, Sloane, just left town with no word of goodbye or whatsoever. And I understand how she felt lost without friend. They used to do everything together, they spent almost every waking hour together and just like that Sloane's gone. Ni ha, ni ho.

So the gist of the story is Sloane and her family left town and Emily's dumbfounded as to where her bestfriend could be and why she would leave without saying anything. Sloane just left without a word. She just left Emily a list of bucket-list-ish things to do. Emily does the things on the list, believing that they'd lead her to Sloane. Well, they did alright but also it led her to so much more.

Ahhhh basta loved the book and if you're into kilig reads, I highly recommend this.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails