Thursday, January 31, 2013

2013 BOOK CHALLENGE 6/35: SOMETHING BLUE

I know I always say that time flies sooo fast so forgive me if I'm going to say it again- time flies so frickin' fast. Why? Because it's been two years since I read Something Borrowed, the prequel to Something Blue. I really enjoyed Something Borrowed but I hated Darcy so I never really was interested in reading about her side of the story. But then I got into Goodreads and read all the good feedback, so here I am delighted & surprised with my latest read.

Something Blue was related from Darcy's point of view and even if it was, she still was hateable. Weird cos when you're telling things from your perspective, you somehow try to get the people on your side but with Darcy, it just doesn't has the same effect. Actually, you hate her more for being so sure of herself, for being proud of her shallowness and she actually reminds me of someone I hate. Ha. So when her world came crumbling down, there's a sense of schadenfreude there. Even if what Rachel & Dex did to her was despicable, I felt that she deserved that. After all, what goes around comes around, ya? And I really, really feel that Rachel had first dibs on Dex.

See, I really dislike Darcy that I feel that she doesn't deserve Ethan. Oh well, she did after all went through metanoia which makes her deserve Ethan even when I feel he is too nice for her. Speaking of Ethan, I really like him. While I was still reading Something Borrowed and didn't know yet how the book will end, I was rooting for Ethan and Rachel to end up together.

Never had I expected that Darcy and Ethan would happen. Never. From what I remember, Ethan didn't like her. Even if they were childhood friends, Ethan's loyalty's with Rachel and it seemed that he was actually annoyed with Darcy. So maybe his annoyance was actually bitterness, yes?

It was a fun and feel-good read. Though this doesn't change the way I feel about Darcy.

It's already February tomorrow (time flies! :P) and I'm having this little theme for books I will read in the month of loooove~ will read books with the word "love" in the title. Yeeha. Ang cheesy, no?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails